Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First time pregnancy

I found out I was pregnant a few weeks ago and when I calculated dates this puts me at 7 weeks this week. I saw the doctor and still waiting for a midwife to call me , I just keep wondering is it real , thinking about booking for a private scan has anyone else done this? I don’t have many symptoms apart from being tired and past few days have had some headaches , it’s all new and keep wondering when it will feel real :) x  

Replies

• I know what you mean. Last time I was pregnant I had a miscarriage so had cramps the entire time throughout the pregnancy, this time though sometimes I feel nothing at all! (Except sore boobs lol ) it's so wired! Hopefully your going to have a easy pregnancy enjoy it!

I've never booked a private scan sorry
  • I got a scan at 7 weeks and thought it was really worth it for me as I was worrying given I had a missed mc last time . So reassuring to see the heartbeat,  which should be present from 6 weeks onwards
  • I have done early scan with my son too just to see heartbeat, it's reassuring especially if u had mc before. BTW if u get headaches you may be dehydrated make sure u drink plenty. I was the same and midwife told me, it helped.
  • I had an emergency early scan a just before 7 weeks due to doctors thinking I was ectopic! They did a tummy scan too and not internal which was nice! This is a picture from my scan! Was so reassuring xx

I then booked a private scan for 10
    weeks as a birthday treat... this is a very good time to go as you can see so much more! 

• @Ditzy19 It is totally normal to only have tiredness. That’s my only symptom and I am 6 week. That’s the only symptom I had early on with my son too. I didn’t get morning sickness at all with my son. Consider yourself lucky if you haven’t felt sick yet! It’s totally normal to not feel it