Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I’m confused

Hello everyone, I’m trying to figure out if I’m experiencing implantation bleeding. So my last period was August 15th - 21st, my cycle is like clockwork, every 28 days for 7 days! So after my cycle ended in August my fiancé and I were doing the baby dance all day everyday and I do mean EVERYDAY.. well up until Today. So my next cycle was supposed to come September 12th and end on the 18th... well today is the 18th and I noticed light pink spotting yesterday the 17th and every time I went to use the restroom it got darker, a very dark pink and then red. So I’m think okay my period just started. Well, I don’t know now because my period flow is very heavy with severe cramping. This is like light bleeding with mild cramping that comes and goes. But this would make me 20 dpo is that even possible??? I have taken test before my period was even due because I was experiencing breast soreness, back pain, heartburn and cramping a week before my period. But of course it was negative, I even went to the doctors a couple days ago and the test was negative. But now here I am wondering if I just had in plantation bleeding. I also have an OBGYN appointment October 3rd to see what’s going on!!! 

Replies

• That's very strange, have you take a test again? You wouldn't get implantation bleeding that late but some women do you get spotting in early pregnancy. Sorry probably not much help, hopefully your obgyn knows what's going on
  • No I haven’t taken another test, I was waiting for the bleeding to stop because it has slowed down. I did spot but then it got darker and darker but the flow wasn’t heavy at all, nothing like my period at least. I figured I had late implantation, I’ve never been late on my period, my period is also much more painful and heavy! But I plan on testing again in a few days just before my appointment.
  • It could just be a crazy period. My periods went from 4 days of HEAVY flow (changing tampon every 2 hours) to spotting and some days only blood when I wipe.
  • Seems like you have an irregular period. Mine have been the same since 7th grade. It’s pretty weird that I started spotting/bleeding the day before my period was supposed to end and now today there’s nothing. Not only that a week before my cycle was due to come I was having crazy symptoms and my period still never came. I know my body, it’s just all weird to me, but I’m going to test in a few days, I also have an appointment coming up. 
  • Mine isn’t irregular, mine was because of stopping BC 3 months ago and my body adjusting. I was just suggesting that your period can change even if it’s always been the same way. I would just test again and see what happens 
  • Oh okay. Ive had the Depo in 2015 and stopped in 2016 it still didn’t mess with my period. I get what you’re saying and I appreciate it. I just feel with the early symptoms I was having a week before my period was even due and then me bleeding a day before my period was supposed to end and only for a couple days that’s it’s best to still get checked. I have a couple weeks until I get an ultrasound.