Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

High Risk pregnancy - blood clots in leg

edited Sep 27, 2019 8:30AM in Pregnancy
So I’m 27 wks in and they have discovered I have blood clots in my leg. I’m so nervous anyone else here have or had this issue in a pregnancy? 

I have to inject myself everyday in the stomach and I’m finding it very hard to do so. Just wondering is there anyone in the same boat. 

They now class me as high risk and have mentioned early delivery. Just a bit scared.

Replies

• Hey hun, I haven't personally been through this but my sister has. She did end up in hospital twice as they had concerns but turned out to be OK. They'll just keep an extra close eye on you, more tests and check ups. As for the delivery part I think she was 38 or 39  weeks. They don't like doing it before 38 weeks unless it really is necessary. Hopefully someone on here will have first hand experience on this and will be able to help you more on a personal level, having been there them self. They've set up the right care by the sound of it any problems or concerns just ring your mw I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help put your mind at ease 
  • @Mammyto4princesses Thank you for taking the time to reply. It’s a horrible feeling. I feel like I am letting my baby down. I just want to get as close to full term as we can. But would love to talk to someone who has been through it. 
  • Hi, I’m sorry you’re feeling scared about this. I haven’t had this but I did have a blood disorder when I was pregnant- low platelets. So they kept an eye on me too. It’s a good thing!!!! I’m the worlds biggest worrier but It keeps you and your baby safe. Trust them but trust your own instincts too. 
    Ask as many questions as you need to the consultants or midwives- just keep asking so you understand what’s going on.

i hope someone who’s had the same, can reassure you.xxxx
  • @EmJ3 thank you. It’s such a strange feeling not knowing. Trying to make sense of it all. I have no energy literally tried to walk today and couldn’t do don’t know why my levels are all so low. Everything feels like a challenge.