Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

HCG Levels did not double!!!

Hi ladies, hope someone can help me out and ease my mind.
I went to the doctor for brown/pink discharge when i wipe. They did a hcg blood lab and came back high. on 9/24 it was 45,900. Went back today 9/26 and they were only 59,xxx (dont remember the exact number) 
The doctor i saw (was not an OB) told me that was concerning and i could miscarry because they did not double. Ive seen online that number that high take longer to double. I had a miscarriage in April so i am just worried. Please help

Replies

• bump. please help
  • Can you do the bloods again tomorrow? To give you another reading?xx
  • No :( I had an early prenatal appointment for Oct 1 with an OB and the doctor cancelled it and said come in for labs since my numbers did not double
  • Hi, I recently had bloods done after I started bleeding. Within 48 hours they dropped from 32 to 15 which are sadly signs of a miscarriage 😞 the hospital told me if they drop then it’s signs of a miscarriage, if they doubled then that was great or if they rise slowly it’s a sign of ectopic pregnancy.
  • @Mrs.B.28 Im so sorry :( miscarriages are truly awful. i know exactly how you feel, i had one in April it was my first time being pregnant and its kind of traumatized me. 
    Ive seen a lot of places hcg levels over 6000 take longer to double and even longer over 10,000. so hopefully when i go back tuesday everything is okay.
    Hugs to you though! I know youre having a rough time 💜 its tough but stay strong
  • I’ve got everything crossed for you for Tuesday. Hope all goes well for you 💛