Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

How to announce

Help please ladies!
So I'm only 6-7 weeks but we've decide to tell our really close relatives (mum dad sisters on both sides) I just don't know how or what to write because we havnt had our first scan yet.
We have purchased these cards which they scratch off to reveal their going to be grandparents etc but what can I write inside to state something like '' baby due May 2020, we've not had our scan yet so please keep this secret with us' but it sounds wrong and rude but I don't mean to sound it to.. Any advice or wording will be grateful :) xxx

Replies

• I don’t think it’s rude at all to write that! I am 7 weeks 3 days and we aren’t telling our son or family until we have our scan this week, but even then I’m going to tell them that we aren’t posting on social media or telling the public yet so to please not say anything 
  • Yes we're not putting on social media until at least 12 weeks and after the scan, I just don't feel like I can hide it from my family much longer haha. Aw fab, are you paying for an early scan? x
  • I’m in the US and we get our first scan at 8 weeks. But same!! I told my husband I can’t keep it a secret much longer and I feel like I will show sooner since it’s my second lol so I want to at least tell family and our son this week! 
  • Ooh do you! In the UK it's approx 12 week 😭 so long. Lol.
    Yes that's sounds amazing, there's so many  ways to tell your kids! Well I'm worried, I mean I'm a size 14 anyway but I can already feel it and feel like I'm getting a podge/bump.. But twins run in the family aaaah x
  • Twins run in mine too, but they are on my dads side. Is this your first child?
  • Yes, so I know there's a small chance it may not be. X
  • Your news, your choice!! My husband and i haven't told anyone we know yet lol
  • We've gave our family the cards, we just wrote we havnt had our first scan yet so please keep this a secret along with us, and everyone is fine with that :) 5 weeks to wait until my scan it seems so far away 😭