Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Intense itchiness and swelling!

hi all. Jumping straight in. 
A few weeks ago had blood taken because I had itchy hands and feet, especially in the evenings. Everything came back fine. Since then the itchiness has become so much worse, and all day long, hands, feet, arms, legs, chest. Everything. Have a midwife appointment next week, should I wait or try contact someone? And has anyone experienced swelling down below? 
Thanks! 

Replies

• I'd contact your midwife today and ask about it. I was always told if I had symtoms like that I had to call. As for swelling below two things could be going on, 1 because of increase blood it can cause swelling down there, 2 it could be thrush. I've had both of these (not the itching tho the down below park) happen during 2 of my pregnancies and mw always wanted to see me to make sure it wasn't nothing major, so I'd ring if I was you. Might be normal, might be something. Always better to be safe than sorry. 
  • Made the call and had an appointment tomorrow. Will bring up the swelling with the midwife also. Thank you. 
  •  Fingers crossed for you it's all OK, but glad their seeing you tomorrow always best to be safe x