Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

8 week ultrasound measured 6 weeks 2 days

Had my 8 week ultrasound today but the dr said I measured at 6 weeks 2 days and a fetal heartbeat of 175 Bpm... is this normal? Should my date be two weeks off? So happy I saw a heartbeat but concerned about being two weeks off. Dr didn’t seem concerned and said everything looked great but to go back for another ultrasound in two weeks to confirm everything is growing and continuing as expected. Idk I just think 2 weeks is a significant amount to be off. 

Replies

• Did you have your last menstrual dates correct? Maybe because you didn’t have the correct dates they have to calculate the correct dates.. something similar happen to me with my 1st child ...dates weren’t correct since I believe I didn’t remember my last 1st day of period.
  • Yes it is normal and completely possible. On my 1st pregnancy I went for what should have been my 11 week scan to only be told I'm 8+4 or +6 cant remember exactly, I now have a lovely but bossy 6 soon to be 7 year old. I know when I found out I was pregnant and went to the doctors he said I was about 6 weeks. I thought at the time my period was just late due to stress but I ovulated later due to it and dates were off form lmp. 
  • Angie02 said:
    Did you have your last menstrual dates correct? Maybe because you didn’t have the correct dates they have to calculate the correct dates.. something similar happen to me with my 1st child ...dates weren’t correct since I believe I didn’t remember my last 1st day of period.
    My dates were correct but my last period was a chemical pregnancy so idk if that changes it 
  • Yes it is normal and completely possible. On my 1st pregnancy I went for what should have been my 11 week scan to only be told I'm 8+4 or +6 cant remember exactly, I now have a lovely but bossy 6 soon to be 7 year old. I know when I found out I was pregnant and went to the doctors he said I was about 6 weeks. I thought at the time my period was just late due to stress but I ovulated later due to it and dates were off form lmp. 
    Ohh okay thank you! 
  • Hi hope some one can help me so I took a test and it was a faint line  and took a digital test and it was a no what dose this mean pleace help this is going on 6 days of no pired as well 
  • Angie02Angie02 Regular
    edited Oct 9, 2019 1:44PM
    Hi @Babygirl1988 is that 1st response? If so I to used first response which was the only one to 1st give me a faint positive within the 3mins! I had been testing previously with other cheaper brands n all gave me negative! 
    And I was 7days late when I finally got a faint positive but on the 1st response! I then retested 2days later n I got darker faster result! 
  • Definitely normal to measure off. I had my 8 week scan last week and she said baby was measuring at 7 weeks. It can vary a little bit. You will have a better idea of where you are when you have your 18 week scan and they take all the measurements