Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Period 5/6 days late but negative tests

edited Oct 21, 2019 11:16AM in Pregnancy
Hi all, I'm new here. I'm 5/6 days late on my period, which is a 29 day cycle usually. I've done a clear blue digital and another test and both are negative ! I don't know what's going on! I guess I'm going to have to wait it out. I usually use the pound shop cheap strip test as their sensitivity is 10/15ml and when I do the like would be wo faint around the same days late i am at now. Clear blue is 25 ml. So I'm hoping that it is just not enough hcg  yet. Has this happened anyone else? Did they end up being pregnant after negative on clear blue? Sorry for long post my head is all over the place. I'm never late unless I'm pregnant! Thanks for reading

Replies

• Do you use OPKs or BBT to track your ovulation?
  • No I don't, I usually know around the time im ovulating as I get pain from it. I'm never usually late !
  • Have you tried a first response early response test? They are more sensitive and show sooner 
  • No I'm giving up hope! I've done other tests all with a sensitivity of 20mls and all negative. Including this morning. So surely one of them would of picked up by now. 😢
  • MomT said:
    No I'm giving up hope! I've done other tests all with a sensitivity of 20mls and all negative. Including this morning. So surely one of them would of picked up by now. 😢
    Don’t give up, some women have slow hcg rise ! I did 🙈 I’m currently 15+4 weeks pregnant x
  • When did you get a positive if you don't mind me asking ? Its so disheartening when you see a negative. Im never usually late either so i don't know what is going on !
  • MomT said:
    When did you get a positive if you don't mind me asking ? Its so disheartening when you see a negative. Im never usually late either so i don't know what is going on !
    I had my first positive at 8dpo, was very faint as it was early but at this point I was 4 days away from expected period.. I still kept getting faint lines up until the day of.. which then I had a clear blue digital with 1-2 weeks and then stronger lines, also a positive blood test x
  • I took two clear blue digital s the first was negative as was still early.. and then the second was 1-2 weeks on the day of period x
  • Ah well thats my hope gone, I'm 7 days late with negatives. So I guess I'll just wait if out ! Thanks and congrats to you x
  • @MomT I was 5 days late with my son before I got a positive. I took two tests at 4 days late and they were negative, on 5 days late, it was positive. Don’t lose hope yet!! 
  • no that's mine. I think by now i would of seen something, 😢. My belly is achy and all ! And never usually late ! 
  • I'm in the same situation I am never late! Am 3 days late negative tests, all my pregnancies have never shown up this late so I'm thinking I'm just unusually late for some reason, but there is also a little doubt in your mind that maybe... But I wouldn't think so for me.... Frustrating isn't it 😞
  • I am 9 days late now. Haven't done another test as not spending more money for a negative 😢 jyst going to wait it out ! Lots of cramping yesterday so thought af was coming. Hasnt arrived and no pains today! In bed so early last night as i was so achey and tired aswelll as cramping. Today I'm fine ! So strange! I've never been this late
  • MomT said:
    I am 9 days late now. Haven't done another test as not spending more money for a negative 😢 jyst going to wait it out ! Lots of cramping yesterday so thought af was coming. Hasnt arrived and no pains today! In bed so early last night as i was so achey and tired aswelll as cramping. Today I'm fine ! So strange! I've never been this late
    Can’t you go to the doctors and ask for a blood test? As sometimes period can be late due to something else, infections for example (not saying you have an infection thou please don’t think that) xx
  • I suggest u start tracking ovulation and consider it as possible skipped period. It would be bad to miss an ovulation. Good luck