Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Heavy Bleeding with Twins

Hi Everyone,

I found out I was pregnant in September and everything was going fine until earlier this week when I started having light bleeding (brown to start with and then onto red) I went to A&E and they booked me in for a scan with the EPU... they discovered that my dates could be wrong and I am in fact only 5 weeks pregnant with identical twins and that I need to wait a few more weeks to hear a heartbeat. Reassured that everything was ok I left feeling really positive. A day later the bleeding got heavier - almost like a period I’ve had no cramping or large clots but the bleeding is heavy and red! I haven’t soaked through pads but I’m obviously very worried! I rang the EPU again and they said that I should keep an eye on it and wait for my next scan.. has anyone else had a similar experience? I am terribly worried! Thank you x

Replies

• Hey hun, so I’m 16 weeks but I started bleeding at 8 weeks and 13 weeks. It was also red and heavy.. I like yourself worried as it’s my first!  I went n had emergency scan at 8 weeks to see everything was fine, and then had another scan plus a Doppler at 13 weeks which reassured me my baby was fine, the nurse said the bleeding could just be your body flushing out all blood from orevious periods, and it also to do with the fact my placenta is at the front, which could be your problem too.. which mean we will be prone to bleeds every month xx
  • Hi, 

Thank you so much for replying! I am so glad you’ve had a success story! I am clinging onto hope too.. I have to wait until 6th November for my 8 week scan and I’m very scared! Just praying that everything is ok! It’s horrible that you have to wait. But I can understand that they need to see if any progress has been made! Hopefully I’m having a similar experience xx
  • lauraJM said:
    Hi, 

Thank you so much for replying! I am so glad you’ve had a success story! I am clinging onto hope too.. I have to wait until 6th November for my 8 week scan and I’m very scared! Just praying that everything is ok! It’s horrible that you have to wait. But I can understand that they need to see if any progress has been made! Hopefully I’m having a similar experience xx
    Just don’t stress too much, as long as you’re not having intense pains, babies should be fine! Your body now has to stretch and cater for 2 babies so I can imagine a little bleeding for a while xx