Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Leaking fluid??

LoomyNartiLoomyNarti Regular
edited Oct 27, 2019 9:13AM in Pregnancy
I am 35 weeks and For the past couple days I have been slowly leaking fluid. I originally put it down to me having a terrible cough and cold and having weak muscles! But it’s literally leaking with movement on the sofa, in bed etc. 
This morning I went to the toilet for what seemed like a super long wee then figured I’d put a pad on, so I went back to the toilet literally two minutes later and as I sat I trickled more but it was clear. My fluid has quite a sweet smell to it but not an overpowering smell. 

I’m calling triage up in a couple hours. 

I’m just wondering is there a chance this could be my waters or my back waters? 
I had to have an internal ultrasound on Wednesday due to my placenta being low so I’m wondering could that have aggravated it as baby’s head was ridiculously low! 

Replies

• MadDodaMadDoda Regular
    edited Oct 27, 2019 10:05AM
    It could be waters leaking and if that's the case should be checked asap. With low placenta it can happen. Definitely call triage, at this stage if pregnancy u should stay aware. There us only one way to check if are waters or not at home, but u need pH testing stripes. Waters got different pH than ur discharge. Anyway ur best option is to get checked. I'm sure everything is fine since u noticed and responded quickly.

Not sure about ultrasound but with low carrying and it being internal it's possible that it has some effect on ur sac
  • My back waters were leaking from 30 weeks with my son I was on antibiotics to stop infection for 7 weeks and induced then at 37 weeks, deffo get it checked out hope all is well x