Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Second Trimester November - January

1181920212224»

Replies

• I don’t believe u can have protine shakes when pregnant hun x
  • They are safe when pregnant, at least the kind I have. It’s just protein like you get from food and other vitamins 
  • Rockinmom2Rockinmom2 Regular
    edited Feb 8, 2020 4:11AM
    Yea! What kind of protein shakes are you talking about @Lillian2410 ? I’ve never heard that before.  I’m not sure about @Rachel.a21 s, but my dr loved that I was having them as a mid morning snack. Super filling and less than 200 calories.  I put a scoop of plant based protein powder (that has lots of vitamins and minerals and probiotics) in along with some fruit, kale, spinach and water. Doesn’t get much healthier! 
  • @Rockinmom2 Do you use Shakeology?
  • I thought that a lot of the protein powders have added ingredients for thinkening and bulking that haven’t been approved or known to need limiting in pregnancy and while breast feeding... there’s also evidence out there that too much protein can increase the risk of gestational diabetes and slows growth rate....plus they have vitamin A added to them and you shouldn’t have vitimin a in pregnancy.... all I knew is that a lot of protein powders are not recommended in pregnancy 
  • The one I use is all natural food ingredients with no additives. I made sure to have it approved by my doctor before continuing it. I do know there are some with additives, but mine is for everyday use, not for trying to bulk up or gain muscle like body builders 🙂
  • That’s good ! I know because I was doing exercise program before getting pregnant and there was a lot of questions about becoming pregnant or breastfeeding so you get the right powder ... I absolutely hate the things anyway as I am sensitive to artificial sweeteners 😂 but I understand there a huge staple in alot of people’s way of life 
  • happy third trimester @Sunshine8888 @Rockinmom2 (belatedly) - on the home straight now, eek!! I'm picking up a moses basket from a friend today and a bundle of clothes from another. pram ordered and a crib picked up via Facebook marketplace. Finally starting to get organised... 
    Just need to find a way to cut down hours and work and mentally prepare!!
  • Wahoo congrats on entering third trimester @Kleor! Sounds like you’re getting organised! I still have loads of little things to get but I want to wait until the nursery is set up so I can sort everything and assess! 
  • Rachel.a21 I use Purition shakes, which are all-natural and I even use vegan version. I had a consultation with a dietitian and she said they are really good and particularly as I don't eat meat I should definitely stick with them. I guess all depends on the type of shakes and most importantly on their content. x