Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Second Trimester November - January

Replies

• @MillP I am impatiently waiting a real bump too lol I am bigger than I was before I found out I was pregnant, but it’s just bloating and doesn’t look round at all! I love having the roundness 
  • Here’s my 17 week overweight pregnant lady bump. I’ve been in maternity clothes for a few weeks. I can still fit into my old jeans, since I haven’t gained any weight, but my bump is just too big. I really need some relaxing time. We’re busy most of the weekend with my daughters birthday and then getting ready for thanksgiving and trying to get everyone healthy. 
    I’m still feeing a little more anxious about this pregnancy than I should. I’m going to talk to my dr about it on Tuesday and try and enjoy the weekend until then :)

• @Rockinmom2 Your bump looks great! I am jealous about your no weight gain! I just had an appointment today and I’ve already gained 11 lbs 😫😩😩😩 and no bump to show for it! I didn’t have any sickness though which I know slows down weight gain for a lot of women, but ugh! Just made me sad lol of course I know I will gain, but I’m only 15 weeks!
  • Lovely bump @Rockinmom2 🥰
    I feel your pain, I’ve already gained about 5/6lb @Rachel.a21, I didn’t gain any weight until 20 weeks with my son but I was so nauseous and had several aversions to food with him. This time I was sick but it was triggered by hunger so I had to keep grazing to keep the sickness away! Not bad when you love food like me, but it is bad when you’re also the sort of person that looks at cake and gains weight 😫 
    I’m just going to try and keep an eye on my weight I think, I don’t want to go past what I weighed at the end last time. I’m still 22lb less than my start weight last time though so hoping I’ll be ok!! 
  • @MillP I am going to weigh myself in the morning on my scale. My first appointment, it was warm out and I was wearing shorts and a t shirt, this last appointment, I had on winter boots, pants, sweater, and jacket, so I know the doctors weight isn’t as accurate. There’s no way I’ve already gained 11 lbs! I am barely showing at all. But shorts versus boots, sweater, pants, makes a big difference. So I will see what I weigh naked in the morning to make myself feel better lol
  • Hey guys! So today I found out I’m having a little girl too!! I am so so excited 
  • Oh my gosh I cannot believe how many girlies we have in the group!
  • Congratulations 💕💕
  • Girls galore!! Congrats 🥳 
  • @Lilsivin how exciting!! Congratulations!!
  • @Lilsivin awww congrats!! So exciting 

• I am trying to take weekly pics like I did with my son, but I’ve been slacking! This is 15 weeks 3 days 
  • you lo you look great @Rachel.a21. I’m kind of jealous! Lol I already had my first Braxton Hicks yesterday and people are commenting on how big I am. I hate it some days. 
    I know you were smaller with your son too, will you pop out one day or do you stay little?
  • Rachel.a21Rachel.a21 Regular
    edited Nov 24, 2019 2:19PM

@Rockinmom2  I know with 2nd kids, people say you show more, but idk because it’s been 8 years since I’ve been pregnant with my son lol This picture I attached is 2 weeks before my son was born, so I was 35 weeks
  • My 15 week bump first baby and I’m massive midwife weighed me and I’ve put on 0 weight only correct amount for how far I am along! So this will be one big girlie💓
  • I ended up weighing myself at home undressed and I weighed 5 lbs less than at the doctors, so I feel better to have only gained 5/6 lbs instead of 11 😂😂 my doctor said 11 lbs was amazing and I’m like WHAT! That sounds like so much for only 15 week. But I feel so much better knowing it’s really 5/6 lbs 
  • Look at you @Rachel.a21  and @Lilsivin ! Just goes to show everyone that all our bumps can be different and perfect the way they are. Gorgeous.  I feel overly protective about bump size because I get so big and get frustrated when people comment and I’m sure some women get comments about being too small.  

I hate the difference between my home scale and dr scale. According to my dr, I’ve gained 4lbs since my initial appointment, but I’ve been weighing in at different times and clothes/boots etc. at home it’s the same time in the morning and naked haha. 
  • Loving the bump
    pics! I’ve been avoiding the scales. I feel like my bump is shrinking rather than growing, I don’t understand what is going on!  I think I felt movement last night though when brushing my teeth. I put my hand on my stomach and I felt what felt like a bird flapping its wings very fast kind of sensation. It didn’t last very long and I keep doubting myself as to whether I am feeling baby or something else. I’d love to know for sure that it’s her because then i would stop worrying so much about my size!! 20 week scan is two weeks tomorrow 
  • @Sunshine8888 I also feel like my bump is shrinking!! I feel like it has remained more or less the same for the last 3 or 4 weeks.... and the last few days it seems to be even smaller :( it's so hard not to worry, especially as I'm aware the baby should have doubled in size in that time. Anyway, counting down the days now till Friday when I have a midwife appointment and hoping she will check the heartbeat. Then will be 2 weeks till scan. 

Anyone else suffering from headaches? My head is pounding today, quite unusual for me. Hoping it's just cos I had a long day at work and that it will disappear soon. Forgot to buy paracetamol and aware I should be avoiding ibuprofen which is all I have in!
  • @Sunshine8888 & @Kleor I felt like my bump was getting smaller two weeks ago. Turned out baby had just moved to the back of the uterus (I found out after I freaked out and had a heartbeat check lol). My bump seems to have returned to my normal size now. 

I am also having terrible headaches, which is unusual for me. Tylenol has been helping (I think that’s the same as your paracetamol). But it’s been going for about a week now. I’m pretty sure I’ve got a cold though, so oh well. 
    I have my check up tomorrow and then scan in two weeks