Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Second Trimester November - January

Replies

• Mine feels like popping little bubbles I can’t really explain it .. but everyone’s will feel different 
  • When I was pregnant with my son, mine felt like he was tapping me on my uterus down low. Nothing with pain, very light feeling 
  • And I’m getting sharp shooting pains in my bum aswell 
  • @Chellefish your scan looks great!!I’m not sure what that would be. Baby can definitely feel like flutters but it shouldn’t hurt at all. Round ligament pain would be like a sharp quick pain near the pubic or hip bone. Anything else, I’d just chalk up to growing or stretching. 

How’s everyone else doing?! Thanksgiving was hectic here, but now we’re all just relaxing this weekend and I’m sooo looking forward to it. I’ve been starving the last few days and all I want is bread and cheese. So terrible lol. Especially since I’m already having trouble going to the bathroom. 
  • @Rockinmom2 I’m doing well! Thanksgiving was great! But I am so glad to get to relax. Husband and I went Black Friday shopping and got my son’s Christmas all done, so that’s a relief. I also got some great deals on clothes for baby girl! It’s so hard to not buy every outfit! 
  • @Rachel.a21 yay for girly shopping!! So fun. We also went shopping and my stamina is not what it used to be. I was exhausted when we got home lol. But we did make a big dent for both kids and some other family, definitely a relief. I wanted to buy baby clothes so badly, there were so many good deals, I even looked for gender neutral stuff (since it’s still two weeks until we find out) and there just weren’t that many options. I was bummed lol. 

What’s everyone craving now that most of us are feeling better? My latest is anything peppermint. I’ve been drinking peppermint tea, I picked up some chocolate covered peppermint pretzels and am dying for some peppermint pie haha
  • Peppermint pie that’s a new one ! I’m glad you guys had a great thanksgiving .. not something we celebrate but we have Black Friday events and I got some bottles for the baby .. I do intend to breastfeed as much as I can but always good to have a back up and they were on such a good offer... we have a lot of birthdays before Christmas so we are trying to get them all sorted before Christmas. I’m still struggling and needing my antisickness tablets and really can’t eat much either I also crave cheese and bread 😂 I wish one of you could send me over some ranch dressing ! We don’t have it over here and it’s my absolute favourite.. I know that’s hard to believe as it’s everywhere in the states but we just have mayonnaise 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Argh! I'm just feeling really paranoid about things today. Yesterday I had my 16 week appointment which i was quite disappointed with as the midwife wouldnt check the heartbeat. I also felt she was quite dismissive of my questions and told me that she is changing roles and so next appointment will be with someone else. Bloods from previous app were fine but they are sending the urine sample off for further testing as there were leukocytes in there. Apparently this could be a sign of infection but also could be a result of the sample being contaminated by a bit of discharge. When I asked when I would get that result, she was quite vague.... ie. It probably within the next 2 weeks, but cant be sure. She didn't really give much indication of how it could affect me and baby so I have to assume that if it's not being checked immediately, it's not an urgent concern. 

Last night and today I have been really trying to feel for movement, which had been fairly consistent (if lying down and hand on tummy) and since then, I haven't felt anything. I know it's still very early days and in all likelihood, the baby has just changed position... but I cant help feeling that something is wrong. I've also had a bit of diahrheah the last few days (sorry for tmi!!) - I mentioned this to midwife but she didn't seem to think it was an issue or connected to pregnancy. I'm wondering whether to call hospital, but pretty sure they will just tell me not to worry.... also aware that if there is something wrong, at this stage they probably wouldnt be able to do much about it. 

Anomaly scan is in just under 2 weeks now but feels like a really long time to wait still if the movement doesn't pick up again :( 

Wow! Didn't mean for that to be such a long post!! Just needed to express my thoughts.... would appreciate anyones advice though. Would you call midwife department??! Or just cross fingers and wait it out?
  • Your urine will be fine it is discharge .. I’ve had two sent off and it’s discharge when I went to the hospital and they found it they said it’s completely normal we don’t even send it off if they find only leucocytes. They are not normally suppose to do heartbeat checks in the uk at 16 weeks some midwifes will but I’m guessing yours might have had a bad experience if she is refusing. Baby is likely to have change position .. maybe try a cold fizzy drink near bedtime and see if baby wakes up then x

two weeks seems like a super long time away when you are concerned but I’m sure it will come in no time and baby’s movements will pick up 
  • @Rockinmom2 I actually haven’t been craving anything really. I was wanting sweet stuff in the early weeks, but now I’m satisfied with any food 😂
  • @Lillian2410 thanks for the calming response. Will do my best not to worry
  • @Kleor I am barely feeling any movement and not even 100% sure whether even then it’s baby or not. Midwife said not to worry - she said 20 weeks plus and even then unlikely to be regular at that stage xx
  • @Kleor I haven’t felt any movement yet and I am 16 + 3. My bet is that baby is just not at the surface. I didn’t start feeling my son moving from the outside until I was 20 something weeks
  • @Sunshine8888 @Rachel.a21 , yep, I hope it is just a change of position. I think it is also because I was counting down to this appointment as the next point of reassurance and so it was difficult to not really get any. 
    At least I will be very busy at work for the next 2 weeks, and have a full weekend next weekend, so the time before the scan should fly! 
    I wish I could just relax and enjoy the ride! 
  • So I think I am now feeling movement! The last couple of days I’ve felt little muscle spasms, a tickly feeling and also like big bubbles bursting in my stomach without touching it. I think this could be baby! I’m starting to get lower back pain and uncomfortable at night now 
  • Yes that defo sounds like baby ! I’m uncomfortable at night too when I’m on my side I get pulling pains on my belly I tried to prop it with pillows but I remember I was the same with my son so I guess it’s just something else to put up with lol 
  • Hey Ladies

i keep thinking i feel movement too but the i think its all in my head lol i don't really have a bump per say yet but i do feel like my clothes are a bit tighter, according to my scales i have only put on 1lb, not sure if that is right though.

Is anyone having sore hips ? im 15+5 and my hips are hurting, also getting mild cramps but think thats just baby growing 

Hope everyone is well 

• That definitely sounds like baby @Sunshine8888 🥰

I’ve felt a few random pops over the last few days, and quite a few today. I had told myself I’m crazy as too early (14+4) but Dr Google reckons second pregnancy could be as early as 13 weeks to feel movement for some ladies. I felt my son at 16 weeks and hubby could feel him on the outside by 18 weeks so I’m now thinking it isn’t totally crazy and maybe I am starting to feel the baby?! 

@Purpledolly0101 that’s totally feasible to only have gained 1lb! Ive been struggling with my hips too. But I have hypermobility so suffered with PGP from about 16 weeks last time, was hoping for an easier ride this time but think my body has other ideas! 

I also keep getting headaches and migraines, does anyone else? Paracetamol doesn’t do anything either. Does anyone know of any natural headache remedies that might help?! 
  • @Purpledolly0101 @MillP I've notived my hips and back have been quite stiff/sore over the last few days, my glutes and legs have been a bit sore too. I've always had tight hips, glutes and hamstrings but I'm assuming its all to do with my pelvis moving/changing shape. I'm 17 weeks. :smile:  
  • I feel like I felt baby today too, it felt exactly how my son felt and the same spot too! I am 16 + 5 today, so earlier than with my son, but this is also my second kid so I did expect to feel things sooner