Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Second Trimester November - January

Replies

• There is a technique where you put an ice pack on your neck and your feet in warm water (or the other way round) and that is suppose to provide some relief from migraine... I have had a lot of headaches also but they do tend to go with two paracetamol. 

I felt movements from early early as this is my second pregnancy too 
  • @Lillian2410 thanks hun will give it a go! 
    I’ve got a fever this evening so thinking the bad head is linked to a bug or something! Hoping it goes away soon!! 

@Rachel.a21! I can’t wait to feel them strongly and to feel them externally again! I loved all the movements last time! 
  • I’ve given up trying to feel anything lol. I’m 18+4 and haven’t felt much, if anything. Sometime when I’m dozing on the couch or before bed I think I feel something and it’ll wake me up, but then nothing. Im trying not to worry about it. I just expected to feel things by now, since this is my third. 
    I am so over this pregnant thing lol. I’m feeling huge and uncomfortable and I’m not even half way done. Ugh!
  • I’m feeling uncomfortable lately because I have a lot of pressure on my bladder right now. I didn’t have it with my son and I don’t even have a visible bump yet! My son stayed as high as he possibly could lol 
  • Is anyone else still being sick? I tried not taking my anti sickness for a day and then I’m sick again I really wanted to stop taking them but I cannot cope without them
  • @Lillian2410 I hope you can get some relief soon! I didn’t get any sickness, so I’m afraid I’m of no help 😕 I hope it lets up for you quickly
  • @MillP omg the headaches!!

Paracetamol did not help me one bit either!! Nor did drinking stupid amounts of water, i had to lay with a wet cloth over my forehead to get some relief!

@Lillian2410 im not being sick but my stomach turns to easy all i have to do is eat quicker than normal or not like the look of somthing and im gagging, but by no means am i getting it as bad as you, a good friend of mine was as sick as you, it finally cleared up for her about 18/20 weeks, really hope you get some relief soon, there is nothing more rotten! 

Is anyone here doing the getting ready for baby antinatal classes? 
  • @Lillian2410 I didn’t suffer much with sickness, I hope you feel better soon x

@Purpledolly0101 yes I’m signed up for NCT classes, they start at the end of feb 
  • @Lillian2410 I’m sorry you’re still not feeling well. Hopefully it gets better soon. 

Is anyone aware of what their blood pressure is? I’ve been so lightheaded lately and my BP has been pretty low 100/60. It’s always a little low in my 1st and 2nd tri, but not usually this low. 

My most recent blood work came back negative for neural tube defects, so I’m happy about that and now I’m just I’m counting down the days to my next scan. One week!
  • 100/60 isn’t actually too low I’m a student nurse and a reading like that is considered normal but it might be low for you and therefore just make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids that helps keep blood pressure normal and standing up slowly ... on a bad day mine has been 84/53 and normally doesn’t come up over 100/60 and I get very dizzy.. I was like this with my son so I am aware that extra care is needed when getting up...
  • After a few days of feeling baby moving about I haven’t felt anything now for a couple of days. I was hoping I’d start to feel stronger movement 😕 Apart from random aches and pains in my stomach which I assume are ligaments stretching... argh wish I could just relax but it’s been so long since my 12 week scan now and I just keep wondering if everything is ok especially as i don’t seem to be growing much bump wise either

My blood pressure was low in the first trimester but was fine when checked at 16 weeks

• @Sunshine8888 Try not to worry as movement won’t be constant this early on. Also, bump growth isn’t a quick change, it’s very gradual. I still don’t have a bump at all and I’m 17 weeks today. It’s still early on. I will attach a pic of my “bump” for reference. I know it’s hard to not worry, but basing it off bump size isn’t accurate since we are all different 🙂
  • @Sunshine8888 after not feeling any movement for the last 5 or 6 days, I think I did today. I guess at this stage it's very inconsistent. So hard not to worry though. Roll on 20 week scans, I think we both have them next week.
  • Happy 19 weeks to me! It’s shocking to think that I could be nearly halfway done by now!
    i think I finally felt some movement yesterday!! I rested most of the day because I was so lightheaded and dizzy and more than once felt like bubbles popping. Finally! It’s crazy that baby can be the 5 inches and we can’t feel it wiggling around sometimes! 
    My emotions have been all over the place lately. Anyone else? I’m crying at the drop of a hat and soooo sensitive. I hate it, lol, I’m definitely not usually a cryer. 
    How’s everyone doing?
  • Had my first appointment with the doctor today, besides waiting for 3 hours in the hospital all went very well! 
    He was happy with everything and gave the go ahead to have my visits with the local midwife and GP rather than waiting in the hospital. He also did a very small scan, wasn't able to print a picture but it was lovely to see squishy as I didn't think I'd get to today :smile:
    Going by my dating scan I'm 17+3 but going by the mini scan today I'm actually 18 weeks! He said we won't change my dates just yet but if I'm measuring ahead at my big scan they will be changed. 
  • Rockinmom2Rockinmom2 Regular
    edited Dec 5, 2019 11:21PM
    Congrats @Rach24. Sounds like everything went great! Have you not had a scan yet?
  • @Rockinmom2 Thanks! I had my dating scan at 12 weeks and had met with the midwife around the same time. Yesterday was my first appointment with the ob (which was a disaster) he ended up in surgery so I was waiting 3 hours to be seen. But since he was happy with everything and I'm looking to have the remaining visits with the local midwife he has cleared me to just see the midwife unless there's any issues.
    My big scan is on January 7th, so I wasn't expecting to get another sneak peak until then :smile:  
  • Who else has a 20 week scan next week? And so far all girls right?! That probably means I’ll be having another boy haha. I have a girlfriend who is due the same day as me and she’s having a boy. I’m so excited to find out. 
    I’ve definitely been feeling movement this week. Finally! Relaxing weekend at home and getting some rest. I might have my energy back from first tri, but I’m still getting tired more easily. 
  • @Rockinmom2 My scan is week after next 🙂 hopefully confirming my girl! I’ve already bought her so many outfits lol
  • @Rachel.a21 I can’t wait to go shopping!! I’ve also never had a newborn in the spring/summer. Both of mine are November babies. It’s going to be so different, like I can’t hibernate in the house right after this one is born to escape the cold lol. 

How is everyone? It’s been quiet on here. Anything new? Is anyone having Braxton Hicks yet? Mine started about a week ago and haven’t let up