Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Second Trimester November - January

Replies

• Options
    @Rockinmom2 It’s so fun! I haven’t had a summer baby either, mine was born in January. I haven’t had any Braxton Hicks but I didn’t get any with my son at all 
  • Options
    I’ve been having them for about two weeks too I don’t mind I remember them with my son I had them from early with him too think it’s just me lol 😆 my son is a June baby so they will be very close birthdays 
  • Options
    My sons a winter baby too (January) so will be nice having one just ahead of summer this time! 
    I’ve not had any BH yet. I didn’t get them until later on with my son but then I had them quite regularly. So much so I mistook early labour for BH with him 😂 
  • Options
    My husband was born on June 3rd, my son was born January 3rd, I am due May 13th so my husband is hoping she’s born May 3rd lol which is very possible because my son was 3 weeks early for no reason 
  • Options
    Hello, just catching up from beautiful but freezing Vienna! Having a lovely break, home tomorrow eve. Baby has been kicking every day now for past few days now, especially around 11pm. It’s lovely to feel! 20 week scan is on Tuesday so only two more sleeps! And bump has popped at 19+1, I’ve got a maternity band for my jeans and it’s amazing! Can wear all my normal jeans and just pop that on top x
  • Options
    @Sunshine8888 That’s so amazing! I thought I felt flutters last week, but now I’m thinking it was just gas lol I haven’t felt anything else since. Still waiting to pop, but I take progression pictures and I’ve been comparing with my pregnancy with my son and so far, I’m the same size I was with my son at this many weeks. If that’s the case, I should pop at 20-21 weeks! I have my gender scan with my doctor on the 18th 
  • Options
    @Sunshine8888 so great to hear!! Feeing the baby makes everything so much better. I feel my little one later too usually. My scan is Thursday! Can’t wait. Enjoy the rest of your break!

@Rachel.a21 I cant wait for you to pop. I’ve never met anyone that stayed flat for as long as you. Our bodies are amazing! I felt flutters on and off for a week or two before I was sure it was baby. Hopefully not long for you!
  • Options
    @Rockinmom2 I really thought I would be showing more by now since this is my second. Although, it has been 8 years since I’ve been pregnant so idk if that makes a difference lol
  • Options
    Hi guys,

Its been a while since I checked in. Didnt set the notifications up for the new thread and ive been sooo busy with pre xmas events!

Had a little scare last night. After we had sex last night OH had a bit of blood on him, nothing major really but now im still getting slightly brown discharge when I wipe. I wouldnt say it 'major' more like a brownish watermark when I use a pad but I am slightly worried. 

Anyone experienced this? Was going to ring the midwife but im now at work and have forgotten to bring the number with me so just panicking inside. Im telling my self that brown is a good sign? 
  • Options
    @natty2017 I can almost guarantee that I’ll spot brown if the hubby and I have sex. I freaked out a lot when it happened at first but every time I called, the doctor always said it should stop in a day or two and as long as it’s brown and not filling a big pad, everything’s alright. It’s hard not to worry, but I’ve spotted in every single one of my pregnancies and I’ve got two healthy kiddos and one pregnancy that so far, is good lol. It’s hard to want to enjoy sex if you know that’s going to happen haha
  • Options
    Yeh I think its freaked him a bit though so it might be off the cards for a few weeks haha. Thanks for the reply, yes I was thinking brown and very light was an ok sign for now.

18weeks currently and still feeling so tierd. Had my works xmas party sober last week which was interesting!

I will have to check back through the thread to see how youve all got on. I have my next scan on xmas eve so hopefully all is ok and we can enjoy the festivities with an updated scan! 
  • Options
    @natty2017 I had red spotting straight after sex but not a lot - I wasn’t worried as the midwife told me this is very normal. There’s a lot of extra blood pumping around down there and the cervix can be easily irritated. 
  • Options
    @Sunshine8888 let us know how your scan goes. I’m interested for see what all they go over with you. I don’t remember my anatomy scans being such a big deal with my other two for some reason. Have fun!!!
  • Options
    This scan freaked me out last time ... it takes a while to go through all the body parts and sections on the brain and heart. I remember thinking wh is she not saying anything and she wasn’t the most friendly person anyway .. obviously in the end she told us everything was ok and that we was having a boy but it does take a while I remember that much 
  • Options
    @Lillian2410 So far I've been terrible at scans. I'm sure they think I'm made of stone because I don't have much of a reaction during them since I'm so nervous. 
    I had so many horrible nightmares last night that I can't shake and all I want to do is see squishy again but my next scan isn't until January 7th...hopefully it flies by over the Christmas period
  • Options
    @Rach24 my next scan is the 6th of Jan :) we won't be far apart, I have my 16 week appointment this thursday at my GRFB class, what happens at the 16 week one, will i hear the heartbeat? im excited but nervous ! 
  • Options
    @Purpledolly0101 I think it all depends on the midwife/doctor you are attending. I believe some women have gotten to hear the heartbeat and some haven't.
  • Options
    Morning all, I had my 20 week scan today and very happy to report it went well. Organ and limb checks all good and happy with size! Lady bits on display so definitely a girl  Little baby was asleep so had to wake her up to have a good look at her face. Here she is sucking her thumb! Also got a lovely photo of her face and tiny foot! 

Also as I thought I do have an anterior placenta but it’s high up so no concerns there. 

So happy and feel I can finally start buying baby things! 

Happy Tuesday x
  • Options
    Great news @Sunshine8888!!! What an incredible picture :)
    so happy all went well for you! Have you thought of names yet?
  • Options
    Thanks @Rockinmom2 😊 yes we have chosen a name but it’s a secret 😉