Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

high risk results from screening

Hello, 
I found out on Friday that I have high risk for Downs from the combined screening. 1:35 risk.
Neck measurement was 1.6 
HCG 3.7 MoM 
PAPP-A 0.5 MoM
Apparently my bloods are the concern. 

I am 36 and this was an IVF (in vitro fertilization) baby, not sure if that makes a difference. Had the PIPT test today and have just over a week to wait for the results 😔 Anyone else in a similar situation? can’t stop worrying which isn’t good for the baby.

Replies

• Hi hun I went through this in June 2018. Babies fluid on neck was 8mm thick. Had the placenta biopsy to get diagnostic results which confirmed my baby had downs. The IVF wont make any difference. Once the egg and sperm fertilise it's that process where these nature mishaps happen  so to speak. It's hard being in your situation so if u need to talk message me xxxx
  • I will say though that if it's the fluid measuring 1.6ml then that's fairly normal. The bloods are only statistical so in theory they means Jack shit in my opinion xx the only diagnostic tests are the amniosisis or biopsy of placenta xx