Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Gender still not sure after gender scan

edited Dec 13, 2019 8:54PM in Pregnancy
Hi all, I'm new to this first time mum and I've never used any type of forum! I'm 16weeks and 3 days. We've just been for a gender scan at somewhere reputable however baby didn't play ball well and the long and short of it is my partner and I are not sure our baby is definitely a girl from the photo they gave us and what was said so I wanted to ask other mums what they thought? have they ever got it wrong before at early gender scans? we are over the moon either way we just didn't have a lot of faith when we were at the scan,baby was upside down the whole time too! we just didn't get a good feeling and all photos were pretty poor.... thank you xx

Replies

• Here’s what my girl looked like at our gender scan. Did you clearly see in between the legs at all? If you didn’t, I would definitely want a second opinion. I’ve known a couple people to be told one gender but it’s really the other. I’m not sure what I am looking at in your scan pic, is that a leg up and baby’s head down?
  • Hi thank you for that, see your pic is what we sort of expected. We didn't see in between baby's legs once in 30mins, baby is upside down in the pic and below the 'It's a girl' is the bum with knees bent with feet to the top. The guy was looking for ages then went right lets look at the gender we were very confused, he took this photo and went this is a girl and we questioned it and said how would you know from that pic and he said I just know from my experience....I didn't want to be rude so didn't say anything else, I've been wondering whether to email the company and ask if we can have a re scan, we did pay £69 just to know the gender, do you think that seems unreasonable?...we just want to start buying and would like to know the sex first! really appreciate your opinion btw thanks x
  • Oh wow! I don’t see how he would be able to tell from that picture without really seeing the legs. We saw in between the legs and the lady still wouldn’t say it’s a girl until she saw it from every single angle, then she said she’s certain it’s a girl. They should really give you a rescan! It doesn’t sound bad, we paid $75 for an early scan.