Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

6+4 scan will they see anything

I've got a scan coming up and will be 6+4 when the scan is being done , will they be able to see anything on an abdominal scan as not keen on an internal this early.

Replies

• They most likely try abdominal scan first, but if they will struggle they will do vaginal one
  • It’s very rare that anything will be seen abdominally as the baby is still sitting really deep in the pelvis. Internal ultrasounds are usually the first choice when you’re so early. They are completely safe as well. Good luck! 
  • I didn't need an internal at 6+1 but its my 6th baby :) I went last week 4 mine I saw a blob & a heart beat xx 
  • Thank you so much ladies,  I've had a few losses and the last time I went I was miscarrying and the internal was extremely painful/uncomfortable,  so I'm now terrified that this internal will cause a loss even though I know deep down it probably wouldn't , I just need to be brave , thank you 😊
  • I had a scan at 6+6 and they were able to do an abdominal scan so imagine you should be ok! Good luck!