Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

6 weeks but thought I was 9? Please help!

I miscarried naturally at 5 weeks on October 21st of this year, I had 3 negative tests shortly after. Then a few weeks later felt pregnant again and tested positive on the 16th November, I then took 10 tests which were all positive and different brands. Booked in for private scan thinking I was about 8/9 weeks gestational. The scan showed 6 week 1 day, for the fetal age, she said she could see the baby moving about but she couldn’t be 100% sure if there was a heartbeat because it was still very early she said everything matched up to the dates I gave her for the miscarriage and positive test and looked in the right place. Just confused as the nhs have booked me in for 12 week scan 3 weeks today but private scan saying 6 weeks fetal age today and Everthing adds up. How can it add up if nhs think my dates make me 12 weeks on the 13th jan. if anyone has any advice or can make sense of this please help me. 

Replies

• Did nhs class your mc as cycle day 1? Am did u have any period following the mc? It may be that you didn’t ovulate till later so 6 weeks is correct. 🤞🏻It all sounds good x
  • Thank you, I have just been to my first midwife appointment and she said everything sounds good, it’s impossible to know when I ovulated because I didn’t have a period since the miscarriage but it’s a positive sign to see the baby and sack in the right place xx