Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Early pregnancy SYMPTOMS?

Hi everyone.
I'm 22 and my partner and I are not TTC but we aren't against it. We both want it to happen when it happens. I had the mini IUD removed about a year ago and I found my periods are still irregular. I track my cycles and my length vary from 28-34
 My last cycle started dec 21st. And my last cycle was 28 days. I'm estimated to start my period in 3 days from now. TMI We use protection but usually only when hes close so there is possibility of pre ejaculation and after. I've been monitoring the symptoms I've been having for 2 months. In this time frame I've had what I assume is a period. It started light brown which usually mine doesnt and it was 5/7 days early. Same length I wouldnt say it was a light flow but my periods are usually light anyway. But from what I read it was definitely more than implantation bleeding should be. I have been feeling nauseous for 2 months now. Like travel sick. Loss of appetite. Sometimes I can eat and while I eat my stomach turns. Last month i couldn't eat without feeling I'll. This month i can eat but only seem to want to eat sugary foods? I've never ate this much sugar. 2 months ago few days before my period started i experienced for the first time ever SORE NIPPLES. Sore to touch and tender. But not sore boobs. Last month I had pain near my armpits like it was bruised. It went away when my period started. Now I have it again few days before my period. Along with that I have terrible gas feels like IBS my tummy is bubbling and pinching and making noises all day. As if I'm about to have TMI diarrhoea but I dont. I was constipated but now seem to be having more bowel movements than normal. I usually get spots a week before and during my period. But I've been breaking out mid cycle. Last month I got dandruff for the first time my hair got so oily.I am burping 24/7 with acid reflux. I vomit almost everytime I burp this happened last month too. My cm has been normal as far as I know about a week ago I noticed a long string of EWCM for a day then nothing. Its lotion like now but not increased. I have headaches more than usual. I'm bloated. I feel overall not well. I thought I had uti a week ago when I had burning sensation but it only lasted a day? I'm overall just confused I'm wondering if maybe my body is adjusting to it's natural hormones only a year later and the possibility that I'm ovulating late. Or that I'm pregnant ? I dont want to test and my next period is predicted  3 days away but it could be a week away as I never seem to be on time.

Replies

• The only way to know is to test. Symptoms are the same for ovulation, period, and pregnancy, so it’s not definite to just go off symptoms 
  • Thank you for your reply. I'm just afraid to boggles my mind even more by testing as it could be 3 days or 7 until my period it's so irregular it's hard to keep track. But I'll monitor over the next few days. 
  • Update: think I ovulated late this month but my app says I'm 2 days late. In the last 3 4 days I have obvious blue veins across my chest like a map. Nipples still sensitive and sides of boobs are tender and feel heavier. Tested twice with fmu BFN. I'm so confused. Still nausea acid reflux dizziness.I had mainly protected sex around time I supposedly ovulated based on EWCM. 
  • Progesterone can cause all of those symptoms as well which rises after ovulation. I would wait a couple days and test again 
  • Hi thanks for keeping tabs and replying. I am currently 4 days late almost 5 days late. Thought af was coming as I had a lot of increased cm today but was just lotion like. Veins are getting more prominent today. Boobs hurting more and had buildup of mucus in throat with no cough etc. Confused but holding off to test again until I'm 7 days late. Is it possible to get a bfn if pregnant and af this late? Thought if I was test wouldbe been positive already. Last test I took was yesterday morning.
  • Rachel.a21Rachel.a21 Regular
    edited Jan 25, 2020 9:15PM
    Yes it is possible to get a late positive. However, since you weren’t trying or tracking ovulation, it could be that you ovulated later and aren’t truly late yet. I would see what happens in a couple days when you test again 
  • I've been tracking my cycles for 6 months so my cycles vary from 21 to 31 once 34. I think I'm on 36 days now. My app estimates my ovulation it said the 7th of january but I had long clear stringy cm on the 10th-11th so even if I did ovulate late on the 10th . Theres 13 days between my ovulation and periods that's a pattern I've been able to track with my app cm etc. I'd be 15 dpo now I'd say. According to my app I'm 19dpo. But yeah your right it's just I've never been this late and even times I have the most my cycle has ever been is 34 due to a late ovulation. This is super late for me and no signs of af at all usually days before I get those low dull aches in my cervix. I dont get usually pms sore boobs etc.
  • Thanks again for your help 
  • one thing I realized when I started TTC is nothing ever stays regular like it was before :/ my cycles before were always 28 days as well, but once I started trying, I had a cycle where I didn’t ovulate until CD20. But you’re welcome. Fingers crossed for when you test again 
  • Seems that way. Am a bit concerned about the irregularity of it all and how late my cycles are becoming..Thanks so much I will reply in a few days! You've been so helpful
  • You are very welcome! And yes please keep me posted 🙂