Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Thyroxine and pregnant worries

Hi , can anyone share there similar experiences.  I had a thyroidectomy years ago due to overactive thyroid ,I since had a son while on thyroxine and now I'm newly pregnant again ,found out friday ,and im currently waiting for my doctors to get back to me regarding a increase to my thyroxine . I cant remember what week they increased it last pregnancy and im stressing out if it needs changing as soon as your pregnant or in few weeks etc. It is essential for a healthy pregnancy and my doctors have not even called me back.i had a miscarriage last june and I'm anxious as it is ,thanks

Replies

• Options
    It should be adjusted as soon as possible, but it depends on ur levels. Tsh has to be below 2.5 in pregnancy. So you know ur levels and when were u tested last time?
  • Options
    @MadDoda I really cant remember as he is 4 now.  I'm on 150 atm and the last time the gp said it needs adjusting between 4 to 6 weeks but I've also read it should be changed straight away so I'm confused what's safe or not x
  • Options
    So u don't remember when u last had it tested and what was the number? Then it definitely should be done asap. U should push them. I always get tested the moment I get pregnant, coz I don't trust those idiots. 
  • Options
    @MadDoda oh sorry I rang up friday and asked for a blood form and got it done that day ,but i havent had any feedback from them yet even though they know I'm pregnant etc all i know is my levels wer fine up to now but i dont know the levels as they just told me it was in the right range last time . Obviously I'm pregnant now so i want to know what's what asap .and i agree with you I dont trust them either that's why I'm flapping about it x
  • Options
    So just phone and ask for numbers, I met dr who didn't know tsh needs to be below 2.5 in pregnancy. It's better to be careful. 
  • Options
    I did today @MadDoda and they said doc hasn't looked yet . I can believe that ,honestly some of these docs you have to check up on them ridiculous x
  • Options
    Just annoy them. Call every day 
  • Options
    I will @MadDoda . You dont think I should panic just yet then ?? Maybe I'm overreacting, even though I know it important asap x
  • Options
    No I don't think so, if ur meds are due to thyroid removal, and ur dose was good so far, I don't think it got any worse, especially if u don't have any symptoms. So even if it's too high it's probably just a little. So few days will not do much difference. I got autoimmune thyroid and my levels can go crazy over few days so it's different. 
  • Options
    @MadDoda yes I've been on that dose now a good while and it's been fine .thanks for your reassurance il try and calm the hell down a bit now 🙄 xx
  • Options
    Anything if I can help. You will be fine x
  • Options
    @MadDoda thank you ❤❤
  • Options
    @MadDoda I'm still not getting anywhere with my doctors ,they still havent looked at my results and dont know when they will be looked at ,I've told them it needs adjusting as I'm pregnant and I'm getting so frustrated with there laid back attitude ,how long does it take ffs x