Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Chances of pregnancy two months after giving birth?

Hi all!

This is a long and detailed post. 

I’m not sure where to post this so if I need to move it to a different forum, please let me know. After years of trying to get pregnant with PCOS (never ovulating) we finally fell pregnant naturally and I recently gave birth to our baby boy on November 8th,2019. We are planning to have a second close in age but want to try again between him being 1 year to 1 1/2 years old. The plan is for my body to heal and to enjoy our bundle of joy. We chose to only use condons due to how my body works and that we don’t want any prevention that may be hard for my body to regulate back from (since I was irregular). My doctor says I could definetly get pregnant again since I some how fell pregnant last time (I was suppose to start fertility Medicean) but PCOS is incurable so it may be hard again.

My point is.. 

I gave birth November 8th.

Postpartum bleeding ended December 11th.

We had sex January 2nd with a condom but afterwards I noticed it looked like it may have broke but I couldn’t tell. We decided to switch brands. 

My period started on January 3rd. It was very heavy and lasted until January 10th. 

I had jelly white discharge (odd) the last few days with tiny cramps. Not sure if ovulation. But now I’ve noticed clear white stretchy egg white discharge. I know that’s suppose to mean fertile. We had sex again today and afterwards, my husband told me that the condom had completely split so there was no protection at all and he showed me that the top had blown out.  I didn’t notice a difference when I went to pee tho so idk. 

What are the chances of pregnancy so fast? Has anybody conceived back to back? Was it a healthy pregnancy if so? Not sure if I should worry or not. Thanks!

Replies

• It’s very possible. I’ve known people be pregnant at their 6-week check-up post baby. This hasn’t happened to me as my kids will be 8 years apart, but it is very possible 
  • almarie09almarie09 Regular
    edited Jan 22, 2020 9:08PM
    Thank you for your reply! I’ve heard about people having that happen, but I’ve never known anybody personally who has. I can feel myself lightly cramping right now so I’m not sure if that’s ovulation since I wasn’t able to track it before. I wouldn’t think so though because I just got off my period not to long ago?  I assume the people you know had healthy fullterm pregnancies?  
  • Yes they had healthy pregnancies. It may be hard to say since your cycles are probably still irregular after giving birth recently 
  • Okay, I’m glad to hear that. And yeah I wonder if it’s just my body out of wack right now. 
  • I got pregnant with my twins pretty soon after having my daughter. My kids are going to be less than 11 months apart. I’m May 25th and my daughter’s first birthday is June 28th. I didn’t think that I would get pregnant because I was breastfeeding so we won’t using any contraception, not even condoms. 
  • @Court1994

thank you so much for your response! Oh wow! Congratulations!! We’re you both wanting to conceive back to back? Do twins run in your family? Did you have a strong ovulation after birth? Did your pregnancy test show positive right away? I’m currently going through cramping and lots of egg white discharge. I swear I’ve never had it like this before. I just got off my period a week and a half ago.. I have no one to talk to about this right now because I’m not ready to share it with my friends. My spouse knows but obviously has no idea what to think lol. So I apologize for all the questions. I’m going to share my pregnancy test with you and if it’s okay, see what your thoughts are. I’m guessing Evap but idk what’s going on with my body right now. Thank you!
  • @almarie09
    I didn’t want to have kids back to back, neither did my fiancé. I wanted to wait 2 or 3 years before having another baby. Twins don’t run in my family so it was a complete surprise and shock when I found out that it was twins. I didn’t take a pregnancy test because I didn’t think that I could get pregnant so soon. I only found out that I was pregnant because I was admitted to hospital with severe nausea, vomiting and dehydration. I had been really sick for like a week but I thought that I had a stomach bug or something, I didn’t think that I could be pregnant. When the doctor told me that I was pregnant, I was in shock. 
  • Oh wow! Well congratulations! It sounds like it was meant to be. I also hope that your no longer sick. It sounds like you were only sick for a week and if so then I’m glad it was a short period. I was very sick for a few months with my son so I can’t imagine being sick with twins and having your baby to also care for. I had all the same symptoms you described, it was awful. 

• @almarie09
    thanks 
    I’m not sick anymore, I was really sick with HG from like 5 weeks until 20 weeks. I’m now 23 weeks and I’m so glad to not be sick anymore. I lost 25 pounds because of my HG. It was really hard being sick while looking after a young baby.