Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Finally Got My BFP <3 (Transition Group For Hoping For A BFP)

Replies

• @Rachel.a21 yes lol me n my hubbys are less than that
  • @Rachel.a21 plus ohio u have to make less than 200% of the federal poverty rate which im pretty sure we do
  • @Catlady220 Enjoy having the state lol I can show you some of my bills just for my doctors visits even with my really good insurance 🤪
  • @Catlady220 Enjoy having the state lol I can show you some of my bills just for my doctors visits even with my really good insurance 🤪
    Eek!! Actually a reason to be glad the UK is so different!
  • @Rachel.a21 yea i will......idk what i would do if i didnt have qualify for insurance lol......in florida they have a place u go to that does appointments free ur entire pregnancy and gives u "money" for going to their lamaz and childcare classes (i think i definetly spelled that wrong) to "buy" stuff from their store for ur baby......my sis went to it and i was like jealousssssssssssss
  • @SmithL35 yea its the one time im happy to have low income bc medicaid covers everything
  • @Catlady220 isn't is scary to think how expensive the actually child is going to be!! Goodbye money!
  • @SmithL35 Yes I am so jealous!! I am a teacher and have amazing insurance, but even with that, I’m paying over $500 just for my doctors visits. I’m scared to see what the actual hospital pay will cost. 

@Catlady220 that is really awesome. Are you going to see about getting WIC? I wish I qualified for it now lol having a salary job seems nice until you realize how much extra you actually have to pay for just because you make more. I got 10 free cans of formula a month with my son when I qualified for WIC
  • @SmithL35 yea but i got that part handled <3 with my nieces ive realized buying everything brand new is pointless......me n hubby decided we will only buy some stuff brand new like prob crib and stroller......if it is a boy then my bro n sis have ALOT of stuff for me lol .....if its a girl a bit more shopping will be required......my mom n sis are throwing the babyshower and my hubby has a huge family.....plus i work at a job where we have alot of regulars that are always asking when we will have a baby so im sure once im big ill get gifts from them.....ive been working there a long time lol......the only thing im worried about is the unpaid months i have to take off work but me n hubby are putting away money every week for it now so we should be good <3 im really good with money <3

@Rachel.a21 probably....idk if i will need it or even qualify........i plan on breast feeding so unless the baby wont take to me then i wont need formula and my bff mom is an extreme coupon-er so im gonna have her teach me what coupons to get so i can get baby stuff dirt cheap <3 i put ALOT of thought into this since me n hubby do have low income jobs.....my mom is willing to babysit i told her id toss her money every week like $20 since its only like 3 hours a day for 3-4 days.....but my boss said if not i can just bring the baby n he will watch them in the office.....i live in a very small town n when they say it takes a illiage to raise a child they arent playing......we havent told many but the ppl that weve told are soooo excited......my hubby didnt think he could have kids since he only has 1 testi so this came as a huge shocker to alot of ppl
  • Rachel.a21Rachel.a21 Regular
    edited Feb 2, 2020 7:35PM
    @Catlady220 if you qualify for state insurance, you will for WIC. Even if you breastfeed, you get way more than just formula. You get baby food, cereal, milk, cheese, fruit, etc.
  • @SmithL35 yea but i got that part handled <3 with my nieces ive realized buying everything brand new is pointless......me n hubby decided we will only buy some stuff brand new like prob crib and stroller......if it is a boy then my bro n sis have ALOT of stuff for me lol .....if its a girl a bit more shopping will be required......my mom n sis are throwing the babyshower and my hubby has a huge family.....plus i work at a job where we have alot of regulars that are always asking when we will have a baby so im sure once im big ill get gifts from them.....ive been working there a long time lol......the only thing im worried about is the unpaid months i have to take off work but me n hubby are putting away money every week for it now so we should be good <3 im really good with money <3

@Rachel.a21 probably....idk if i will need it or even qualify........i plan on breast feeding so unless the baby wont take to me then i wont need formula and my bff mom is an extreme coupon-er so im gonna have her teach me what coupons to get so i can get baby stuff dirt cheap <3 i put ALOT of thought into this since me n hubby do have low income jobs.....my mom is willing to babysit i told her id toss her money every week like $20 since its only like 3 hours a day for 3-4 days.....but my boss said if not i can just bring the baby n he will watch them in the office.....i live in a very small town n when they say it takes a illiage to raise a child they arent playing......we havent told many but the ppl that weve told are soooo excited......my hubby didnt think he could have kids since he only has 1 testi so this came as a huge shocker to alot of ppl

@Catlady220 sounds like you've got everything planned :) that's good. How come you will have months unpaid? I teach like @r@"Rachel.a21" and will get maternity pay. Will you get that?
  • There’s always lots of good used stuff available. I’m looking into a Halo bassinet and ended up finding 2 on Facebook marketplace for half of the original price. They look pristine condition as well. Only thing I’m buying new is her crib that will be here this week and her stroller/car seat because I found a nice one I want since we basically live at the baseball field most of the year since my son plays 
  • @Rachel.a21 yea we have a store called kids resale n it has nice clothes
  • @Catlady220 we have a few too. Those are nice. Also if you shop sales. I’ve been shopping clearance because she’s going to born in May, so all the summer stuff has been on major sale during the winter. Then I’ll buy her winter stuff during the summer. I’ve gotten so many onesies and outfits for $2-$3 from old navy and Carter’s!
  • @Rachel.a21 i cant wait til gender scan to shop
  • @Catlady220 that’s the best part!! Shopping for baby clothes is the best 
  • @Rachel.a21 I knowwwww the wait will b agony
  • @Catlady220 it’s horrible 😭😭 and I scheduled a private scan at 14 weeks to find out early. Regular wait is 18-20 weeks. I give props to people who wait until birth to find out 
  • SmithL35 said:
    @Catlady220 isn't is scary to think how expensive the actually child is going to be!! Goodbye money!
    UK soon will be also similar to US. Because now we are out of EU so the NHS will become private shortly or they will start charging for services. That's what people dont get.
  • @Rachel.a21 i thought they did gender at 16 weeks
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions