Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Third Trimester February-May

Replies

• @Chellefish I cannot believe they won’t let the fathers in after baby is born. That makes me so sad 🙁 I really hope that’s lifted before you ladies give birth 
  • ChellefishChellefish Regular
    edited Mar 27, 2020 10:21PM
    @Rachel.a21 I’ve been in tears since I found out. Very hormonal tonight I think.  I don’t want my hubby to miss out on time with our little girl if we have to be kept in and wondering how I will cope without him to be honest from what I’ve heard they are only allowing the birth partner once in active labour too. Just gotta try and think positive but I get a feeling I won’t sleep much tonight. X
  • @Chellefish & @Sunshine8888 I really hope that changes for you guys before your little ones get here. And if it’s not, I hope the nurses are extra attentive in helping. It can be hard to even get up for the bathroom alone, much less reach for a baby by yourself 😕

@Rachel.a21 look at those pics!! When I was pregnant with my daughter her ultrasound face looked EXACTLY like my sons. Same nose and layout and they look incredibly similar now (and as babies). You can definitely tell they’re siblings. Sooo cute and exciting for you. I’m hoping I can tell something similar with my scan this week. 

I had such a lazy day yesterday. I’ve been feeing pretty good, aside from being starving, pretty active and able to keep up with everything and then yesterday I woke up and my body was just like NO!  I barely left the couch and anytime I did I just started having Braxton Hicks. I had them all day and it was so exhausting. I’m feeing a bit better today, but I haven’t gotten out of bed yet lol
    My other two pregnancies were like this towards the end, I contracted a lot and was extremely tired. Must just be my body getting ready
  • @Rockinmom2 it’s going to be so cool to compare their baby photos! What day is your scan this week? And I can completely relate. My hunger has been out of control, so I was surprised to see I had only gained a lb at my last appointment. And I’ve been trying to not be lazy since I’m stuck at home, but some days my body just says to slow down and take it easy. I struggled even just washing dishes the other day because my back started hurting and I’m short, so I don’t have to bend over the sink or anything
  • I have the same problem with the sink, too short to wash the pots without bending in a Strange position 
  • @Lillian2410 I have definitely been feeling it! Even just everyday chores are putting a strain on me now 
  • I have started getting Braxton Hicks a lot more frequently and they are starting to hurt along with very viscous kicks! 
  • I’m actually glad people are getting Braxton Hicks because mine have been so painful for weeks now were you actually cannot move until it goes off. 

We are getting on top of the house now but it is really hard on my back at this point, my husband is really priasing Me for keeping going but we’ve got to 😂
  • I started having a few Braxton Hicks this week but it hasn’t been anything extreme yet. Just feels like my stomach tightens for a few seconds and then releases. I didn’t have them with my son but I’m assuming that’s them 🤷🏻‍♀️ For those of you having painful ones, are you both first time moms? I wonder if there’s a difference between amount of pregnancies and them being more intense with first pregnancies
  • I don’t know if there’s any medical evidence regarding BH, but I had them only mildly with my son (my first), they were much worse in my second pregnancy. I was in labor and delivery being monitored on and off after 30 weeks and then off work at 34 weeks. This time they feel very similar to last time, they painful. Sometimes they last up to a minute and I have to actively breathe through them. If it weren’t my third, I’d have probably gone into get checked out again, but, I know it’s nothing.  I think working full time really made them worse, now I can have a down day if I need it, or sit for an hour until I feel better. 

I have a problem with the sink too lol. I have to reach past my belly to get them done. Everything is hard now, even showering lol. So over it. I do feel better today though, able to take a long walk and get some cleaning done 
  • Actually I think my memory is just poor lol @Lillian2410 this isn’t your first right because I remember you saying you had your condition previously in pregnancy right? I hope you are still able to be monitored properly even with all of this mess going on
  • Yes this is my second too I had them regularly with my son but not as painful as this .. as you said rockinmom I would be more concerned if it was my first.

yes I can get all the monitoring and everything but it’s just minimising the exposure I guess 
  • I hope mine don’t continue to get worse 😟 I am still struggling more with the leg cramps 
  • This is my first. It’s only the last few days that they’ve become painful and having to breathe through them 
  • The breathing techniques definitely help with the real labor contractions as well. I didn’t believe it at first when I was in labor until I tried it and was very surprised. 
  • How’s everyone doing? 

Not too much going on here. My Braxton Hicks are ridiculous. I’m so uncomfortable and I feel like baby is going to fall out out me 😕 I wish! 
    We finished rearranging our downstairs to get ready for baby. Brought a changing table down  from one of the kids’ closets and set up the living room
    bassinet. Doesn’t sound like much, but it was a big overhaul of the kids play area and shuffling toys around. I’m exhausted, but glad it’s all done. 
    I’m anxious for my ultrasound on Thursday and hoping she has flipped
  • I’m doing well! Ended up caving yesterday and ordered some maternity underwear and nursing bras as my normal bras aren’t cutting it and my normal underwear is being stretched too much around my bump. I never bought maternity anything with my son, but I was also 18 lol the underwear look really comfy and the bras will be better because there’s no underwire. My underwire in my pregnancy bra broke last week and has been poking me! Other than that, I’m stuck at home and trying to stay busy! I got my daughter’s wooden name cut out in the mail today that’s going above her crib, so I just need my husband to stain it so we can start decorating. I can’t wait to see your scan pics @Rockinmom2 and I will keep my fingers crossed that she has decided to flip 

• @Rachel.a21 I love that sign! It’s going to look great over the bed. Beautiful. 
    I switched to non underwire a few weeks too and bough some bigger panties to fit my bump😆 I almost got maternity ones but I’m cheap. You’ll have to tell me how they are. 
    I’m in that stage where I’m warm all the time now. I feel so gross. I’m NEVER hot, even in the summer and it’s barely 50 here and I feel like I’m dying. 
  • @Rockinmom2 I actually found a 3-pack of the underwear for $10 on amazon! I’ll let you know how they are. I could tell my normal ones were getting stretched out at the waistband, so now I’m worried I’ve ruined them for after the baby comes. I am definitely carrying lower than my son, so I didn’t have to worry about my underwear fitting my bump with him lol I’m excited about the bras too! Mine right now are digging into my sides 😣
    I got that with my son as well, I was always hot! It’s crazy how much pregnancy does to your body 
  • @Rachel.a21 I woke up at 4 this morning with a cramp in my right leg. I could barely get out of bed to walk it off. It was so painful it made me cry. Ugh! Hoping it was just a fluke and I don’t have too many more. My leg is still sore