Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Third Trimester February-May

Replies

• @Rockinmom2 I would die if my water broke at work! That is what I’m most nervous about. The 2 weeks leading up to my leave are state testing, so if my water breaks, it will be a big legal ordeal! We will have to pause all my students’ test time, collect their materials, get someone to my room so I can leave, pass back out materials, restart their test time. I’m so nervous about it! Only because of my son coming early and my water breaking with no contractions as a warning. Each day of testing is 2 hours of testing and teachers have to walk around and monitor the whole time
  • @Rachel.a21 hopefully you make it through testing! That’s what happened with both my previous pregnancies. My water broke with out any warning. I asked my dr last night if it was likely to happen again and she said it’s hard to tell HOW you’ll get to labor (contractions, induction, water breaking) but easier to say WHAT your labor will be like. She said since I had quick easy labor twice before, it’s reasonable to assume this time will be the same. 

She also talked to me about induction times. She said recently (since my last birth) new studies have come out showing pushing a pregnancy past 40 weeks isn’t great risk-wise. It’s crazy to think I could have a baby in less than 9 weeks!!
  • @Rockinmom2 I’m only two days behind you and I’ve got 10 weeks 4 days until my due date, how does that work? 😂
  • Rockinmom2Rockinmom2 Regular
    edited Feb 18, 2020 1:16PM
    My dr talked about inducing at 39 weeks, but both kids came before that! We’ll be 30 weeks this week. 

I also measured at 31 weeks last night. I doubt that’s a huge indicator, but my 9 week scan showed my due date closer to April 24 (but because it wasn’t a full week off they didn’t change it)
  • Ahh ok!! As this is my first, it’s more likely she’ll be late but we shall see! X
  • @Sunshine8888 You could go late, but it doesn’t always happen that way. There’s hope haha! I went at 38 1/2 my first time and I’m pretty sure @Rachel.a21 was around 37 weeks with her first! 
  • @Sunshine8888 yes my first came at 37 weeks because he ran out of room.

@Rockinmom2 I’m hoping that’s true! My son was 4 hours from water breaking to birth, so it would be great to have another short labor lol 
  • So far I have been measuring bang on average so will just be a case of wait and see! 
  • I always measured a week small with my son. I am now with my daughter too but they aren’t changing her date
  • It will be fun to see when everyone has their babies! My sister in law is due April 18th, so she’s right around the same weeks as some of you. We will have to have a guessing game when it gets closer lol 
  • Yes! I think the conversation with my dr last night really made things sink in. It’s right around the corner! 

Has anyone thought about how they want to deliver? Is anyone planning a home birth? All natural? C-section?

I’ll be laboring as long as I can at home, unless my water breaks again and then I’ll have an epidural. I can’t seem to relax otherwise and I don’t progress very well. It’s worked well, for me, both other times. What’s everyone doing?
  • @Rockinmom2 my plan is to not have an epidural this time. I got one with my son, but he came 15 minutes afterward so it didn’t even have time to kick in. I felt everything lol so I would rather save myself the back pain from after having an epidural if I can 
  • I haven’t really given it much thought 😬 obviously I have no idea what to expect but I’m not very good with pain so I’m feeling quite scared! My midwife said to me there is not going to be anyone standing at the end of the bed giving you a medal afterwards so take all the pain relief you need!
  • I'm not sure what's in store for me just yet labor wise. If I go into labor I definitely want to see how I fair on the day, I don't want to jump straight into having an epidural as I want to see how if feels. If the pain starts to get too much for me and I'm still in a position to have an epidural then I'll take it. If the doctors decide to give me a planned or emergency c-section then so be it, at the end of the day I know I'll be happy once he arrives safely.
  • I haven’t given much thought to anything yet regarding labour really scared about that thoUgh as I don’t handle pain very well. 

The cold has hit me full force now. Woke up at 4am with a coughing fit not sure how I’m gonna get through this working week but I’m training my senior so I have to be in for the next two weeks 😢

I finally got to feel the little one lick properly last night. Had my hand on bump when I went to bed and she was kicking it like crazy. Poor hubby was asleep so missed it hoping that’s the start of feeling her properly now and not just random flutters. 
  • @Rachel.a21 that’s what happened with my daughter! My epidural with my son worked great. But my daughter came too quickly and I felt it all. Good for you going without. I don’t want to do that again lol

@Sunshine8888 that was kind of my attitude as well. My dr asked at my last appointment what I wanted so they could prepare 😬

@rach21 that was how I felt with my first! I labored until I was 6cm and just couldn’t do it after that. I’m a weenie lol. But I felt pretty good about making it that far haha

@Chellefish I’m sorry you’re cold but you :( being sick while pregnant sucks. Hopefully it doesn’t last long. I’d try not to worry about labor (easier said than done) baby will get here one way or another! 

• Happy 30 weeks to me! Feels like a big deal, even though it isn’t really lol
    i don’t feel like my belly is changing much the last few weeks, but I read on my app today that baby should start packing in about a half pound a week until birth. Yikes! I don’t feel like there’s any room left 
  • Beautiful bump @Rockinmom2

I’m hoping for as natural as possible for my birth but will be at the hospital - hoping for a water birth. 
    With my son I started in the water but then had complications (he turned back to back and got stuck and distressed), so had to move to a bed but just had gas and air. I did think I might die at one point from the pain in my back though 😂, I was just too far along when he turned so couldn’t get any extra pain relief! 

My hesitation for pain relief is the recovery from epidural and with pethadine it can make baby drowsy which I don’t really want. 
    That said, I’ll probably put in my plan my aim is minimal relief but if I ask for anything more then they’re to give it to me! 

• Almost forgot I was 28 weeks yesterday. Zebra shirt is 28 weeks with my son and burgundy is 28 weeks now
  • Is anyone really dry ? My
    throat nasal passages and eyes are so dry it’s painful