Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Third Trimester February-May

Replies

• Options
    @Rockinmom2 mine is starting to be uncomfortable too. She was kicking me HARD yesterday and when she kicks my bladder, it feels like her foot is going to come through lol I know she’s not head down just because she’s been flipping around 
  • Options
    Hi all, haven't written anything here for a while but still keep checking in. Seems I'm also in the same boat as a few of you as have just had a letter saying that my iron levels are low and I need to start taking supplements, I'm really hoping that taking them will give me a bit more energy as I have been really struggling the last few weeks. Today I'm also feeling strangely emotional,  I guess it is the hormones. 

@Sunshine8888 - I bought the digital pack from the positive birth company and have worked my way through most of the videos. I'm not 100%on board wih everything, but I definitely am glad that I bought it. I think it gives a really good idea of what the body is doing at various stages and really hammers home the importance of feeling relaxed and in a comfortable environment. I'd say I definitely feel more confident about making decisions in labour and having an idea of what is going on in my body at each stage. it's also just nice to take time to think about the process and get mentally prepared (though I imagine that nothing can really prepare you for the real thing!)

Feeling much more overwhelmed by making sure everything is ready for the baby and making sure I have what I need. Impressed by those of you who have sorted out the nursery already, we are nowhere near.... just have an increasing mound of high in the corner of the living room that need washing and sorting and finding a place for! I'm considering starting maternity leave a bit earlier now to give me time to do all of that stuff! 

Difficult to know when it is quite unpredictable when she will actually arrive!
  • Options
    You guys are so lucky with your leave. I cannot start my leave over 5 days before my due date, so I am working up until May 6th and I am due May 13th. Of course, if she comes early, that will change, but I don’t even like thinking that I will potentially still be working at 39 weeks. 
  • Options
    @Kleor I’m so under prepared I really wouldn’t worry you’ll have everything you need for when baby arrives I’m sure. 
  • Options
    @Rachel.a21 yes, maternity conditions in the states seem really terrible, I guess we should count our blessings over here with both that and the national health system. 
  • Options
    @Lillian2410 thanks!  it sometimes just feels like everyone else is so much more ready but most likely, I still have another 2 months to go so should be plenty of time!
  • Options
    @Rachel.a21 i can’t contemplate working up to 39 weeks, that really does suck! I have 25 more working days, baby is due 2 months today! Honestly could not finish work quick enough, I’m so fed up here since the merger and dread coming in. 

@Kleor, nice to hear from you. Glad you’re doing ok. 

I have started making a list of things I still need to get and do which is helping me feel a little less overwhelmed. 

Arghh I am not feeling Monday. I woke up in the middle of the night with the most horrible rib pain and whatever I did I could not ease it. Ended up sat up in bed for ages just trying to pass the time until morning. Not the best!
  • Options
    I really don’t think I will make it working until 39 weeks, especially with my son being early and the stress of my job in general. We will see though, she could surprise me and stay in until 40 weeks. 
  • Options

Love doing bump comparisons! 6 week difference here 
  • Options
    @kleor nice to hear from you! Glad you’re doing relatively well. Hormones suck. I’m all over the place lately and hate it. Also feeing like I don’t have enough time to get things done even though it’s 8 weeks

@Sunshine8888 hope your day is going well. Working towards the end is really rough. Glad you only have a bit left. Do you think your rib pain was baby moving around?

@Rachel.a21 anyway the dr could write you off earlier if things get really tough? Or would you lose pay that way? It sucks and it’s hard and not fair. Hopefully she comes a bit early so you can have some relief and not have to work right up until 39 weeks. I’m worried this one will surprise me and stay in late too. I do not want that lol.  LOVE those bump comparisons. I’ll do one later this week, seems fun! 
  • Options
    @Rockinmom2 I am going to ask my doctor about giving me a note because even she thinks this one will come early. I will get paid as long as I have sick time to cover and I have 20 sick days. I am due the week before school gets out, so would only be using 10 if I work until the 6th
  • Options
    @Rachel.a21 good idea! At least it will give SOME time. 

Is anyone dealing with sciatica pain? I have pain on my right side that runs from my lower back into the middle of my right butt cheeks (sorry haha). I’m assuming that’s sciatica. It’s painful and I’m getting no sleep. Just rolling around in pain. I see my dr today, so I’ll check with her too
  • Options
    @Rockinmom2 I’m not, but my mom had it her whole pregnancy and said it was exactly as you describe. I hope you can get some relief soon!
  • Options
    @Rockinmom2 I get it occasionally. I’ve got a foam roller and try to use it when I’m at home. It helps but it takes ages to do because my bump has me so off balance 😂 the outside of my right leg is constantly going numb as well 😅
    Anyone else finding Braxton Hicks really annoying? I get them most days. My belly goes super hard and I get short of breath, can’t get comfortable at all especially when I’m at my desk 🙄
  • Options
    @Rach24 I have Braxton Hicks most days and I also find them really uncomfortable. People always say they don’t hurt and that’s how you can tell the difference between real contractions, but my actual contractions felt very similar in the beginning. Exhausting. 

I had my dr appointment today and let her know about my sciatica pain and the sharp pain on my right side. Dr made sure it wasn’t my appendix and then felt baby move around my stomach for a bit. She’s still head up and dr thinks she is sitting on some nerves that are causing the pain. She recommended a chiropractor. So, I’ll give that a shot in the next week or two. Also hoping she’ll flip as due date gets closer. I would hate to have a c section after two vaginal births. The whole things made me over emotional. I’m so uncomfortable and I feel like I’m just being a big baby and with TWO months left 🙄
  • Options
    I get Braxton Hicks everyday and I find them uncomfortable too x
  • Options
    I haven’t had Braxton Hicks in either of my pregnancies. Just leg cramps sometimes during the night 😩
  • Options
    @Rockinmom2 Yeah, I've found that most information that can be found about them states that they are mild, slightly uncomfortable and should only last 30 seconds to 1 minute. But I find mine last a few minutes at a time. 
    I feel the same, as if I'm being over dramatic but sometimes I'm just so fed up of feeling uncomfortable all the time. Especially at night time when all I want to do is relax. 

@Rachel.a21 the cramps are so annoying! I mainly seem to get them in my toes, arches and lower calf. Especially when I'm driving :lol:  
  • Options
    @Rach24 they are very annoying! I got another in the middle of the night last night 😩😩 and all 3 I’ve had so far have been in the same leg, ugh!
  • Options
    Bump comparison. 32 weeks today. Feeling rough today. But I seem to have more good days than bad, so I’m trying to focus on that. My stomach is just so upset. Doesn’t seem to be a rhyme or reason to it. Oh well. Home stretch. 
    We also found out our hospital isn’t doing birth tours, has instilled no kids allowed for inpatient visitors and only one adult visitor allowed at a time, due to coronavirus. So, unless it changes, it will be a quiet stay for us.