Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Cramps and backache

Hey everyone, just wondering how many of you got cramps and backache during early pregnancy? And how long it went on for, for yous? I'm 4 weeks so still really early but been having them for around a week now. X 

Replies

• ME!! oh my gosh I’d been having back ache for like coming on two weeks now I thought it was my bed reason why I was getting it! Did a tests Tuesday and I’m actually pregnant! Iv already got a little boy and never had this with him! I’m assuming the cramps would be the body changing xx
  • How bad are they?
  • Hi, I also had a terrible backache, and a lower back pain. I had them first two trimesters. Lie more, especially on your side - this helps a lot. For pain in the back, lower back during pregnancy, massage helps a lot. I wore a special bandage, it was so much more convenient and easier for me. In the first trimester, pain can be caused by hormonal changes. The sleep on the side with a pillow between the legs and under the stomach will help relieve pain, compresses, special belts for pregnant women to provide additional support for the abdomen and back, massage. Also wear flat shoes, maintain a healthy weight, avoid standing for long periods, avoid lifting heavy things, and do not sleep on your stomach.