Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Aspirin for pre eclampsia, HELP

Hi ladies I'm almost 16 weeks pregnant and the hospital phoned and told me I have high risk factors of getting pre eclampsia, she said for me to buy aspirin and take 2 every evening , I'm so terrified of taking tablets I dont even take paracetamol for a headache not even was I wasnt pregnant , so I guess I'm asking has anyone been through this and will I get any severe bleeding from taking these as they say they are blood thinners and I've drove my self crazy with the possible side effects,  is there anything I can do to ease my self in to taking them ? Thank you 

Replies

• @S.ava91 hey hun hope u get ur answers soon. Sorry im not of much help as i have not experienced that yet. Try copy pasting ur message into other threads and see if u get a response.

What i can tell u though is that the hospital would not tell u to take something to put u or ur baby at risk. Speak to ur GP and midwife if u have any concerns. they are the best ppl to help u. Make sure u check the dosage and double check everything with ur gp/midwife.

Dont worry. All will be well xxx 
  • My midwife has told me once I get to 12 wks I need to take an aspirin every day for the same reason
  • SUM308 said:
    @S.ava91 hey hun hope u get ur answers soon. Sorry im not of much help as i have not experienced that yet. Try copy pasting ur message into other threads and see if u get a response.

What i can tell u though is that the hospital would not tell u to take something to put u or ur baby at risk. Speak to ur GP and midwife if u have any concerns. they are the best ppl to help u. Make sure u check the dosage and double check everything with ur gp/midwife.

Dont worry. All will be well xxx 
    It just feels terrifying I didnt have the easiest time last time with my daughter and shes almost 9 , but age gap too lol , thank you for your kind response I did double check and double check again it's just the thought of something bad happening , I've had multiple miscarriages too so nothing eases my mind at the moment , I'll just he glad when the babies here in my arms nice and safe xxx
  • My midwife has told me once I get to 12 wks I need to take an aspirin every day for the same reason
    How do you feel about it ? I just cant help but feel really scared,  I've just taken my first 2 so hopefully itll be ok , I hope your feeling okay 
  • Hi, I’ve been told that in my region, all over 35 and first pregnancies are advised to take baby aspirin (ASA 81mg, not the full dosage) once a day. I was told this at 14 weeks and I was also a bit unsure to start with as I wanted to avoid taking anything but did a bit of research and it looks to be common advice. I also felt I had to trust the midwives with this and go with it, I now take it with my prenatals and don’t think much of it anymore. I hope that helps!
  • lb2020 said:
    Hi, I’ve been told that in my region, all over 35 and first pregnancies are advised to take baby aspirin (ASA 81mg, not the full dosage) once a day. I was told this at 14 weeks and I was also a bit unsure to start with as I wanted to avoid taking anything but did a bit of research and it looks to be common advice. I also felt I had to trust the midwives with this and go with it, I now take it with my prenatals and don’t think much of it anymore. I hope that helps!
    Hi thanks for commenting , I'm currently coming up to 16 weeks and have been told to take 150 mg every evening so this feels like a high dosage to me but maybe it's still normal , I'm just under 30 years old but its been 10 years since my last pregnancy , I feel like you and have to trust the midwifes and hospital I just feel so nervous taking them but I sucked it up and took 2 75mg ones , I might give them another call tomorrow to make sure that they are definitely right with the dosage , thanks for the advice it's really appreciated 
  • S.ava91 said:
    My midwife has told me once I get to 12 wks I need to take an aspirin every day for the same reason
    How do you feel about it ? I just cant help but feel really scared,  I've just taken my first 2 so hopefully itll be ok , I hope your feeling okay 
    I’m just putting my trust in the midwife I’m 42 and it’s been 20yrs since my last pregnancy I’ve been told to take 75mg, we’ve been trying for two and a half years with a miscarriage in sept so I’m just doing as I’m told tbh