Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Scan, date,miscarriage worries

Hi ,I wasnt really sure what category to post this in as I'm all over the place atm so many different scenarios going on. I ovulated jan 6th jan 7th at the latest using opks and I have ovulation pain,got bfp on the 16th which would of been 9dpo or 10dpo . Had a reassurance scan (ha) on feb 17th they marked me down as 7wks 6 days and said baby was measuring between 5 to 6 was no heartbeat . Obviously I've been distressed upset head all over place since ,scan at hosp next day was the same ,have to wait till a week on tues which will b two weeks total.  Had no bleeding but I know its possible of a missed miscarriage, had a miscarriage last year also but bled. When I'm entering my lmp in due date or actual date of conception it's almost a week difference. My lmp was Christmas day but my cycles are 31 days long. Also they are telling me I have a tilted uterus and I've read that many different stories about this making a difference in scans untill 9 10 weeks or more . I go from certain this is a miscarriage so I can prepare to maybe it will be fine its awfull not knowing what is happening 

Replies

• Hi @90schick. I wish there was something I could say that would put your mind at ease at this difficult time. 

It makes sense to me that your little bean will measuring smaller as you’re not actually pregnant when you date to your last period. So if you go by ovulation, and it not being an exact science as things could have been a bit slow that month, you may actually just be as far along as the scan is showing. And the heartbeat doesn’t start until week 6 so if you’re between 5-6 that would also make sense. 

I really hope things improve for you and your little bean and just try and take deep breaths and relax as much as you can. Good luck xx
  • Thanks @Kellly85 I've been thinking that also as that adds up but they do date you from lmp I dont know if I'm clutching at straws . I am trying to keep a open mind and get on as normal as possible bit is very difficult at times.thank you for being so kind xx
  • Thanks @Kellly85 I've been thinking that also as that adds up but they do date you from lmp I dont know if I'm clutching at straws . I am trying to keep a open mind and get on as normal as possible bit is very difficult at times.thank you for being so kind xx
  • @90schick I went for an early scan too and was measuring 6 weeks and 2 days rather than 7 weeks and 2 (from my period) and there was a good heartbeat there and the nurse wasn’t worried. I hope this brings you some peace of mind at least. When do you have your next scan? Xx
  • @Kellly85 that's good news ,although different to mine somewhat .a week on tues xx