Forum homeā€ŗ Pregnancyā€ŗ Pregnancy
šŸšØ Advance warning šŸšØ This forum will be closing on 1st May ā€“ please see our pinned thread for more information.

Faint lines not getting darker... šŸ˜•

So I had period 3-7 Feb! Doctor reckons I ovulated right at end of period.. had positive frer on 20 Feb. I did another frer on 21 Feb and cb digi 22 Feb which said 1-2 weeks. Doctor said Iā€™m probably around 3 weeks.... so I did another frer this morning but wasnā€™t fmu and it looks lighter than the others? ā˜¹ļø Further cb digi still says 1-2. Should I be worried?Ā 
Ā«1

Replies

• To add that all the tests look lighter in the pics due to lighting. Struggled to get good one. The barely there one taken today is more visible in person
  • better pic?Ā 
  • I'm afraid that over 5 days fmu or not test should be a lot darker. I think u should contact epu in ur local hospital and ask about set if blood tests to see if hcg is doubling. I'm worried about u be careful, my story is a sad one but ended OK thanks to demanding tests and staying careful. So that's what I recommend you, don't bother with gp go directly to epu. If u explained u are worried they will help. Ur dates are not adding up at all. I hope ur outcome will be a good one, but staying careful is always safest.
  • Thanks for your concern @MadDoda. Iā€™ll take your info onboard.Ā 

I donā€™t understand how an frer that tests 6.5 miu can be so faint today but cg digi with same urine can still say 1-2 weeks and they are 25 miu. Surely the cb digi would come up not pregnant if frer is so faint. The doctor told me on Monday to stop testing as hpts arenā€™t designed to tell you how pregnant you are and said a lot of tests have different amount of dyes in them so cb digi is best. He also said to do a cb digi in about ten days and should have gone up to 2-3 weeks xxĀ 
  • If I would have waited 10 days I would be one foot in grave with raptured ectopic. If u are concerned then talk to epu seriously. As much I don't want to scare u, even if hpts are idd only qualitative, with all my 6 mcs I could see the tendency. Frer in general takes a lot hcg to be really dark. It detects early but increase slowly imo you maybe borderline hcg for digi. If u don't have any spotting or discomfort on one side u are safe. Hopefully u have a slow start.Ā 
  • MadDoda said:
    If I would have waited 10 days I would be one foot in grave with raptured ectopic. If u are concerned then talk to epu seriously. As much I don't want to scare u, even if hpts are idd only qualitative, with all my 6 mcs I could see the tendency. Frer in general takes a lot hcg to be really dark. It detects early but increase slowly imo you maybe borderline hcg for digi. If u don't have any spotting or discomfort on one side u are safe. Hopefully u have a slow start.Ā 
    No sign of any spotting or discomfort at all! Just canā€™t stop weeing. Probably to do with the amount of water Iā€™m drinking. I think I will stay as I am for now and I am going to retest at the weekend with cb digi and normal test as discussed with doc. If still as faint or lighter I will contact epu. If I get pain or anything different on the meantime before I test then I will definitely contact epu straight away. Thanks @MadDoda
  • I pray for u that it's just a slow start! It's great u feel fine, it's most important. Peeing is a good sign too! Hugs
  • MadDoda said:
    I pray for u that it's just a slow start! It's great u feel fine, it's most important. Peeing is a good sign too! Hugs
    šŸ’• Thank you. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s a slow start too. I hope you are feeling better also xxx
  • It was caught early so yes I'm fine and recovering very well. Thank you!Ā 

I just can't trust gps they are so useless :D never fail to dissapoint me lol
  • MadDoda said:
    It was caught early so yes I'm fine and recovering very well. Thank you!Ā 

I just can't trust gps they are so useless :D never fail to dissapoint me lol
    šŸ¤£ my gp has always been fantastic so Iā€™m yet to experience his uselessness šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļøĀ 
    glad you are well xx
  • Bit of a better pic.... still awful when itā€™s Uploaded and loads clearer in real life lolĀ 
  • Hi @Nat-ttc2. They do look faint for the dates. Hereā€™s some comparisons as I am now 12dpo. I did a test at 10DPO and thatā€™s the top test then the bottom one is the next day 11DPO. I got a 1-2 weeks on clear blue too. Good luck and I hope youā€™re ok x
  • @Nat-ttc2 have u experienced bleeding or pain???
  • @Nat-ttc2 have u experienced bleeding or pain???
    No absolutely nothing at all. Just canā€™t stop weeing and yawning lol x
  • Faint lines that disappeared totally are now starting to get darker again šŸ¤Ø I thought it was a chemical, expecting cramps and bleeding but nothing yet. I just feel normal! What on Earth is going on. I am so confused it is unbelieveAble! šŸ˜­
  • If they are getting darker u should talk to epu asap. Unstable hcg can be a classic sign of ectopic. Or anything twin in very rare cases. You need to get it checked
  • I have. They told me that they donā€™t scan on a weekend so just go to go on Monday and they will refer me for blood test
  • They will probably not see anything on scan if hcg is low. U need 3 blood tests 48h apart. I hope u will get answers soon
  • Nat-ttc2Nat-ttc2 Regular
    edited Feb 29, 2020 12:53PM
    I have a gp appt booked for Monday, I am going to demand they do bloods as I have had positive 1-2 weeks on cb digi again about half hour agoĀ 
  • So not let them brush u off. I was on phone with epu nearly every day for two weeks, before pain started. I hope ur case is different and it will turn out OK. But u just have to be careful, hugs