Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Flu / viral infection 6 weeks

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone has had the flu during the first trimester? My temp is 38.5 and just won’t come down. I’m very worried as I read that a high temperature can be dangerous 😭 anyone had this and baby has been ok? Also any remedies? Thanks x

Replies

• Have you taken any paracetamol? You can have that during pregnancy and it should help bring your temperature down. The only other thing is to make sure you don't wear too many items of clothing and don't wrap up in a duvet or anything like that. 

If your symptoms get worse or you need medical advice I'd recommend calling your Doctor or Midwife. 

I hope you're feeling better soon. 
  • Hey, thank you for the reply! I wasn’t aware that we could have paracetamol.. the paracetamol has helped so much!! My temperature is back down to normal. I got a phone call with the doctor and he prescribed paracetamol and fluids. It’s just scary as he said to me on the phone that high temp increases the risk of pregnancy loss.. I guess he has to tell me everything but I really hope it doesn’t cause miscarriage!! Xx