Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Severe pgp - during Coronavirus

Hi all, 

I’m after some advice on coping with pgp. 
I’m 27 weeks today ! Baby due end of June. 

I’ve been suffering with really bad pgp throughout, my midwife first told me to wait until 20 weeks and it should stop - it didn’t. She then sent me to a physio at the hospital who basically had set up a group session to explain to all of us there how common it is and to do pelvic floor exercises and get a support belt. Which I’ve done and use the belt every time I’m up and about. She also said if it’s still bad come to drop in pregnancy physio sessions at the hospital and we can do further exercises and show me ways to relive the pain. Just my luck I couldn’t make the first one so I planned to go the next week and then Coronavirus took over and they’ve been cancelled until further notice obviously with good reason. 

However I now find myself home isolating  so I’m not really doing as much activity throughout the day as normal, but I’m really struggling to sleep as the pain is getting worse and worse each night. It’s like I’m tossing and turning but actually I’m not because my pain is so bad I’m like locked in 1 position. My husband has to help me get out of bed in the morning and I’m border line in tears with the pain - paracetamol doesn’t really make a difference.

The further I go now into third trimester I’m worried the extra weight of baby is just going to make this so much worse and I won’t be able to cope