Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Implantation Bleeding or early period?

So I'm new to this. I had my period on March 8th-12th, light spotting on the 7th. February I had my period on the 12th-17th/18th. I stopped BC mid pack in February. I usually have a 28 day cycle give or take a day or two. I've been using the tracker apps which say I should of O between the 19th-23rd of March. Me and my bf had sex the 22nd and 23rd. I was using a DOT which gave me a flashing smiley on the 19th, but never a solid smiley. I even tested on the 24th and it still had flashing smiley. I took a strip OT after and it said negative. Well today, 29th around 9am, I woke up with like soft pink discharge. I wiped a few times and it went away. I have slight on and off cramp like pressure, but I've been having gas which is normal because I don't have a gallbladder. I usually have pretty bad cramps that continue through my period. It's now 4:20 and the spotting has stopped. My period isn't due till April 5th, the earliest the 1st. I've never had a really short cycle. Usually the spotting gets heavier and then red. Got a BFN, but I read it can take time for the HCG to build up. Just wondering if anyone has some insight!

Replies

• Since you just stopped birth control, the apps aren’t going to be accurate. It can take months for your cycle to regulate after stopping the pill, so I wouldn’t go off your cycle length from before birth control. I had 28 day cycles before BC and after BC, they were 34-35 days
  • I would suggest taking strip OPKs everyday. That’s what I did when I stopped the pill since your cycles will be messed up for a little while
  • I bought the strips! They seem to be more reliable to me. I guess I'll find out in a couple days if this is my period or not!
  • I liked the strips a lot! I also used the app Premom to scan them in everyday. The app reads them for you and marks them as low, high, and then marks your peak 
  • I just downloaded it!... I haven't spotted since this morning so idk what's going on. My body is all out of whack!
  • I’ve noticed our bodies like to play cruel tricks when TTC! Fingers crossed this is your lucky cycle 

• So I just started this again about an hour ago. I wiped twice and gone. Slight cramping more uncomfortable then anything and feels like pressure. I've never spotted like this before. I had a miscarriage last year, but didn't have implantation. I'll test in a few days to see. 
  • hi 
    please advice , i was suppose to get my period on 20 march and did not get any until 30 march ,the blood only on pad bt when i wipe there nothing it stopped after a bit of blood and came again next day.
  • How long have you been trying? I started to bleed a little more so I'm pretty sure I'm just having an early period. My cycle is still irregular since coming off birth control. Birth control can mess up your cycle when you get off it.
  • i have not been on birth controll since 1year and few months now
  • my cycle keeps changing so my date its not always and every month the same.
  • i have bleeding that brown its not to much and stop and comes it felt like im getting my period bt when i wipe its light brown and pad dry 
  • It could possibly be implantation. Definitely wait another day or two and see what happens then take a test. Or wait till it stops and take a test. It can take a days for hcg to show up AFTER implantation.

Do you use any kind of ovulation strips?
  • hi 
    no i dont use ovulation strips, and today in the morning same thing happend little bit of brown on the pad
  • yes i use any kind
  • Post withdrawn
  • It looks like my spotting in which lead to a full period 2 days later. I just had a really early period. On the pill my cycle was about 28 days, not its around 24. 
  • when can start taking a preg test my spotting stop 2days ago and i stil did not get my period.

• You should be able to take one now! If nothing then try again like every 2-3 days
  • hi
    so i took the pregnancy test and it turned out am pregnant, the thing is am bleeding now but it doesnt flow to much and i have no pain , in the morni g there is red blood coming out and than stops and turn brown again durinng the day. could there
     be a prob or something wrong with the baby.