Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How many months did it take for BFP (women over 30)?

Women over 30, how many months did it take you to get your BFP and what if anything did you do different that month?

Replies

• Options
    Hi I’m 42 we were trying for around 2 and a half years but my OH works nights so wasn’t always possible to bd at the right times I had pretty much given up when I had a chemical last sep that gave me hope that I could actually get pregnant and then got my bfp on dec I’m currently 18.3 wks and nothing different that month at all 
  • Options
    I had my first baby at 35 and second at 37. Got pregnant on my 4th cycle first time round and 3rd second time round. Didnt do anything different. Just tried to BD regularly every cycle. (I did use pre seed the month I got pregnant, the second time round, but I don't think I got pregnant because of it. Just think it was coincendnace. I just used it as an alternative to other lubes. I never used the applicators it comes with).

Maybe naively, I never worried about my age. I think probably because a lot of my friends, work colleagues only started their famlies in their 30s.

If you are ttc, hope you get your bfp soon. 

@Metalchick congrats.  
  • Options
    I'm an older mum and it took dh and I 12 months to conceive. He's on some tablets than can reduce his sperm count to zero (which we didn't realise until 3 months ago), so last month he started taking some testosterone supplements and I got pregnant that month; I'm 5+5 today, so still very early days, but I was charting every month and using pre-seed up until 3 months ago and nothing was happening. X