Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What is the nub theory?

I keep seeing people post their 12 week scan photos and asking people to guess the gender based on the nub theory. I have no idea what it is, can someone enlighten me please? 

Thank you! 😊 x

Replies

• Options
    Nub is private parts of the baby. Little boys have it pointy and obviously girls havent got anything 
  • Options
    Ah ok, thank you for clarifying. I thought it might be something to do with the nose or something 🙈😆

I can't see any private parts on early scans, and didn't think it was possible to say at such an early stage, so I'd be useless at guessing haha x
  • Options
    It's to do with the bits that are there prior to genitals form app girls are if less than 30 °angle boys more than 30° angle. I'm really bad at trying to see also. I've just posted ome to ask for mine as I can't see haha. Xx
  • Options
    There is a Facebook page that you can upload a pic to and they’ll guess, they said they couldn’t see with mine so had to wait for gender scan anyway lol