Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

BFP 1st month on Prometrium!

Hi all!
just wanted to share my BFP story since when ttc I was looking for these infos. So we started ttc 1 year ago and had my very first BFP yesterday (still can’t believe it!!!)
my problem was irregular and long cycles (32 to 75 day cycles) with late ovulation AND very short luteal phase (5-7 days)
I started Metformin last october (even if I dont have PCOS and healthy weight) but the only thing it did was lenghten my cycle
Then I started Letrozole 2,5mg : did nothing. Next cycle it was Letrozole 5mg, I had my ovulation almost 1-2 week before but still 6 days luteal phase
Then THIS CYCLE I took Letrozole 5mg but with Prometrium (200mg) starting DPO1

I was confused with the symptoms since Prometrium gives a lot of side effects that look like pregnancy tests. So some of my symptoms might have been from progestérone rather than pregnancy 

CD 23 : started EWCM, we BD
CD 24 : positive OPK
CD 25 : stronger positive OPK we BD
CD 26 : ovulation day
DPO 1 : BBT rise, started Prometrium 
DPO 2 : nothing
DPO 3 : nothing
DPO 4 : back pain
DPO 5 : back pain
DPO 6 : back pain
DPO 7 : back pain and cramps
DPO 8 : back pain and cramps, irradiating pain in the top of my breast near armpit (like when I am sore from workout); also started headache from that day
DPO 9 : back pain and cramps, breast pain, headache
DPO 10 : back pain and cramps and breast pain, headache 
DPO 11 : back pain and cramps, breast, acne break out, headache and IMPLANTATION SPOTTING. Definitely thought I was out. It was tiny tiny brown drop on my panty liner and when I check cervix, there was a red bright drop of blood. 
DPO12: terrible back pain and cramps (I was so sure AF was coming), breast, acne. Also, started having light nausea after a few hours without eating. Tested at 6pm with diluted urine and BFP (the second line was faint but was positive on 3 different types of pregnancy tests)

Wouhou! That past year has not been easy on my but I never lost hope :)

The first test is yesterday at DPO 12 with diluted urine and the second one is this morning DPO13

Replies

• Welcome to the forum @Aurelll and huge congratulations! We have a lovely Due in December 2020 birth club right this way, if you fancy checking it out.... 
  • Thank you so much for your post! It's hard to pinpoint what is PMS and pregnancy symptoms as I've read both are similar. I read acne wasn't one for pregnancy, but I've read a few threads where women have had acne and got positive tests after. I'm in the 2 week wait and I'm about 8 DPO. Got a BFN today, but still got my fingers crossed for the weekend! My breasts are a little sore, been having cramps, headaches, mood swings, and acne. Ive been checking my cervix, but I've noticed its been medium to high and sometimes soft and sometimes firm. My BBT has been steady in the high 97s and occasionally 98s, but I just started charting this cycle so I don't know what's normal for me yet. My cycle has been around 24 days, which makes my period due the 23rd or 24th. I usually get spotting 2 days before it starts, but nothing yet. Hoping for the BFP this cycle!