Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Brown discharge after bowel movement

Hi Ladies,
Sorry if this is TMI
Im 5 weeks 3 days pregnant and so worried as my last pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 7 weeks after spotting throughout. I’ve had no spotting this time apart from some light brown coloured discharge after a bowel movement. I’m constipated but trying got to strain 😬 
just wondered if anyone else has had this and whether it is normal? I’ve read that it could be down to pressure and old blood from cervix but would like some reassurance. Thanks xx

Replies

• Options
    This happened to me a lot right up to about 10wks sometimes it was pink and fresh it scared the life out of me I had a few early scans to check and everything was fine and like I said stopped around 10wks I’m now 19.3 and all going well, I was also really constipated and had to drink prune juice 😫 to ease it, if you are concerned about it you can contact the early pregnancy unit and they will scan you
  • Options
    Hi and thank you for taking the time to reply. Congrats on your pregnancy, nearly halfway there! 😀
    I do think I am constipated, im
    surprised how quickly it’s started. I will try and adjust me diet xx