Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Am i pregnant?

edited Apr 27, 2020 9:57AM in Pregnancy
Hi I’m worndering if someone can help me so me and my partner decided last year we didn’t want any more children as we have a boy and a girl already and I wanted to come on birth control as it was messing with my hormones so we both decided he was going to have a Vasectomy done which he had on the 23rd January . Anyway my implant was due to finish in June which was fine . I called doctors couple off weeks ago and asked them when in due they said they would call me back (but stange as they can see from screen ) a week went Past no call back I then call the sexual clinic to see if they new he said don’t panic but it ran out end off January . Obviously you could imagine I started to freak out and didn’t no whT to do 
my periods are all over the place I think my last one was 21st March and I haven’t come on  I have been doing constant test and saying negative which is fine but since yesterday I done a test and it’s come up two lines I don’t no what to think or do this was not the plan and I can’t imagine going through an abortion . 
I then later on do a digital clear blue which sayid no pregnant but my one from the morning had two line can someone please help me I’m going out my mind crying but trying to not let the kids see me I don’t no if anyone can give me advice what they think  I done two test this morning and they are negative different kind off brand

Replies

• If I were you I'd take a really big deep breath, you sound really really stressed.  :(

I'd have to assume you are pregnant based on the symptoms you're describing and the test you've pictured. When it's very early on and if you're using different brands of tests it can be difficult as you can easily get false negatives because your HCG is likely to still be low. 

If I were you I would buy another test in the same brand as the one you've taken a picture of and take it either tomorrow first thing when you go to the loo or the day after. Once you know for sure you can decide where to go from there.

As an aside - if your implant is Nexplanon or Implanon then it should be almost as effective for up to 4 years. They just aren't licensed past 3 years. Also, vasectomies can sometimes fail so if you are pregnant both you and your husband probably need to have a chat with the doctor who performed the procedure.
  • This is definitely positive you have to make a decision and talk to your partner that's the best way
  • Thanks for your replies I don’t another test the same brand as the picture and it came back negative . Still haven’t come on a period although I have the pain but it’s just not happening . 
    I’m so confused how one test says yes and another says no . The clinic also said it my implant shouldn’t just run out I am just so so confused