Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Scared after 2 miscarriages

Hi there, I’m so so nervous. 4 weeks 2 days pregnant and terrified I’ll have another miscarriage. I’d anyone else in a similar situation. Is it normal for symptoms such as tender boobs to come and go? Xx

Replies

• Hi, congratulations :) 
    I had two losses last year and am currently 24 weeks....it can happen, just try to stay positive and not worry about symptoms. I didn't have sore boobs every day x
  • In the time frame 2015-2017 I had four miscarriages and one chemical. I’m currently 21weeks and 2days and still worry. I’m pretty sure it’s normal. But it’s best to try and stay positive and don’t stress(easier said than done I know) my symptoms continue to come and go but I can still feel him kicking.  I also spotted quite a bit from week 6-8. Which they say is normal and a lot of women spot early on. Sending positive vibes you’re way 💙💙 
  • hi to @Summer1287 @Prayingfirourrainbow @SmithL35 I have had 2 miscarriages since last June  and just found out I'm pregnant again yesterday, im kinda trying not to yhink about it , but then thinking about it ,and worried about going away next month kinda wish i wasnt going incase anything happens ,all so confusing thoughts 😕 😔 xx
  • Oh massive  congratulations @90schick !! So pleased for you. 
    Try not to panic. If you're unsure are you able to cancel/ postpone? X 
  • @SmithL35 thanks I dont really feel congrats is in order tho as its so uncertain,  im happy for you too , such alot to go through ❤❤. Im not sure really ,its hard 2 have a positive mind set when negative things have happened to you previously isnt it xx
  • @90schick Oh definitely :( my losses were quite early but I was so unsure of everything this time. I couldn't believe it at the 12 week scan when there was a baby there! I found that the best way for me to handle it was just literally to take each day at a time. Are you going to contact the midwife soon? X
  • @SmithL35 yes I'm not sure what else we can do really ,I know previously my go said i could have a early scan if I was to get pregnant again and I know im am going to be a nervous wreck and really not want to go 😒😒. You are quite far along now then ? Xx
  • @90schick I can't believe it but I am 30 weeks today! Has gone so fast. 
    I know what you mean about early scans. I've seen a lot of people on here pay for early scans, and as much as I wanted to see if everything was ok I also didn't want to do it too soon. I am so glad we waited for the nhs 12 week one......although we ended up being 10+6 weeks in so had to go back the following week 🤣  x
  • Yes it does go fast ,thats great , on another note @SmithL35 being overly cautious im unsure what to substitute tea or coffee with ,ive heard green tea and other teas may be a problem ...anyone advise which is best ? Xx
  • @90schick well green tea has caffeine in but you can get decaf green tea. I started off drinking decaf tea as I LOVE tea  but decaf just doesn't taste the same at all :( 
    You are allowed to drink some regular tea each day, I have a feeling it is up to 3 mugs tea or 2 mugs coffee......which feels like a lot to me. I decided u would have one proper tea first thing in the morning but hen do to decaf coffee as that at least is better than decaf tea :/ flavoured tea is ok, like raspberry and cranberry, I spent ages checking which had caffeine in xx
  • @SmithL35 same im just tryin 2 b carefull not to do anything wrong etc ,although I have drank one cup of coffee a day in previous pregnancies that have been fine . But after miscarriages everything changes for future doesnt it as u know xx
  • Congrats @90schick. I’m made up for you. I know it’s really scary. I had 2 losses before my rainbow. Fingers crossed fir a very sticky bean. 

I had decaf tea and thought it was ok- I’m a big tea drinker. I don’t like coffee although I always think it smells amazing!! Haha. I suppose it depends how you like it really. 
    Xxxx
  • Thanks @EmJ3 I'm very sceptical anyone that has been through it understands . I'm really pleased for you also ❤❤❤ , thank you i do like coffee and a tea but will only stick 2 decaff now maybe the very odd coffee once in a while ,ive read lots of conflicting things about herbal can cant etc xx
  • I just love squash now :) x
  • @SmithL35 I was addicted to orange and pineapple squash!!!
  • @emj3 that's literally what I have right now!! X
  • Does anyone know about chamomile tea ?? Iv Read conflicting things xx
  • @90schick oh love im so happy for you <3 idk how i didnt see this thread sooner <3 congrats
  • @90schick no sorry I don't, I remember trying it years ago and really not liking it so haven't thought about it again 🤣 x
  • @Catlady220 thank you ,atm I'm just hoping for the best but really aren't that excited or anything just cautious,  first mth of doing bbt too . @SmithL35 lol I tried it years sgo and wasn't keen either but I'm clutching at straws to try and be healthy lol xx