Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

HAYFEVER HELP!

I have the WORST hayfever unbearable. Only solution is not going outside but I'm really struggling for obvious reasons as I'm a single pregnant woman can anyone help with any experience they've had? 

Pharmacist gave no advise and doctor didn't seem confident but recommended loratadine for 3 days and then to stop. I don't really want to take anything especially in my first 12 weeks. HELP!?

Replies

• Hi @Sbrooks93. I use a nasal spray called Beconase and I can't begin to explain the relief it provides me with! I've suffered from chronic hayfever for a good 25 years now and NOTHING worked for me until I tried the nasal spray. I checked online and it said that it was ok to use whilst pregnant and I'm 22 weeks now with a healthy boy kicking away so I continue to use twice a day as instructed. 

Hope you find something to help as I know how awful it is!!! x 

• Thank you ever so much @Kellly85 doctor has prescribed me some nasal spray and I must say it has really helped. Guessing it will be the same as beconase.  I also bought some children's loratadine syrup for extra bad days but haven't had to take it yet.

Congratulations on your baby boy!!!!! 

• @Sbrooks93 thank you!!! :smiley: 

Wishing you and bump a safe and healthy pregnancy! x