Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnancy with friends who are TTC

Hi all. I couldn't find a thread for this so apologies if its already been discussed; please point me in the right direction.

I've fallen unexpectedly pregnant and am now almost 16 weeks.  I revealed all to my best friends in a group chat at 12 weeks just after the scan; I did this knowing full well one of the group is having trouble TTC so I tried to be sensitive about my announcement. On reflection I think I could have done way more since that first revelation, as I have long suffered with anxiety and depression so have been looking to my friends for support in our group chat, especially things linked to the pregnancy as its cause my anxiety to sky-rocketed since the discovery (and worsened still with the Covid lockdown situation in the UK).  Some of my friends in said chat have children and other don't, but I always just assumed that even if there's something that makes us jealous, angry or upset in our chat, like I always have done, you just end up forgetting about it. My friend is obviously struggling and today has left the chat; there was some baby chat yesterday that stemmed for a question I had and my guess is that it's all my fault. What should I do? I mean long-term... I've already sent her a message of support and friendship. I absolutely adore my friends (I donthave many others  I can rely on outside of this group) and can't bear knowing I might have made them sad, but at the same time my own anxiety is now at it highest as I'm blaming myself for everything.

Replies

• Options
    In my group of friends I am the one that had a hard time TTC (i have endo and had a surgery) and I was on the side of your friend that got upset over you getting pregnant. So coming from there, I can tell you that she just needs time. In the time we have been TTC, my sister-in-law, cousins, unmarried friends, married friends etc...all got pregnant and with each pregnancy, I got more and more upset. But eventually I realized, I cannot be unhappy about my friends happiness!!! This came with time thought. I had to internalize my feelings and analyze them and realize, it is not their fault. And I hope that your friend can do that as well.
    I would give her some space, I don't think you sending her more messages will help. And certainly don't apologize for anything, this should be the best time of your life - enjoy it. Let her come to you, I am positive that if she truly loves you and cares for you, she will come back to you. We just need to accept that everyone has struggles and everyone deals with it differently.

<3