Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Early pregnancy scan, WORRYING PLEASE HELP!

Hi all
Really need some help and reassurance from you all.
My last LMP was 20th april. Had a positive ovulation test 3rd May. I was due on my period 17th may. Took a early pregnancy test( well several) and they all came back faitn positive. I then missed my period and was getting stronger positive lines on tests. So it all calculated out that last weekend I was 7 weeks and 6 days pregnant.

So I went to a early reassurance scan, basically I'm a massive stress head and have no patience ! The scan was for 6 to 10 weeks old.

She did a abdominal scan and was very quiet and worried. Said its v v small and no heart beat and asked if she could do a internal scan, i said yes. Internally there was still no heart beat and I was only measuring 4mm which she said is the equivalent to 5 weeks.
 She advised me to come back in 2 weeks for a rescan and printed me off a report. The report reads that my gestational age on ultrasound was 5w5d.

Has anyone else had dates wrong or not good experiences with early private scans ??!!!
This was suppose to reassure me and instead its done the opposite im on the edge of a breakdown 😭

Replies

• Hey, 
    Do you track your cycles and know exactly when you ovulated? Just because you had a high in your OPK, doesnt mean you actually ovulated then, unless you use BBT to confirm ovulation you wont know for sure. It may just be that you ovulated later than you thought and therefore it wont tie in with your dates. It was also correlate with why your faint lines on your pregancy test. 

If your true dates are 5w5d, then its normal not to see the heartbeat at this stage as that normally happens at around 6 weeks.

I know it's not going to be easy, but you will just have to wait for the re scan. Try not to stress and rest up!