Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Boy or Girl Fetal Heart Rate? About 11 weeks

AmberHachAmberHach Regular
edited Jul 7, 2020 11:13AM in Pregnancy
Hi, I’m new to this and this is my first time using a Fetal Doppler so this might not be entirely accurate but I’m interested to know if anyone thinks that it sounds like a boy heartbeat or girl heartbeat? I will attach a link to a video soon but the Doppler was switching between 144 and also 155 with 155 being the average number it’s given me. I’ve listened to other people’s on YouTube to compare but I still have no idea. I have two little girls already, one has just turned 4 and the other is 1, turning 2 in January next year so this is my 3rd baby and they may also end up being a January baby too. Anyway, if anyone has any guesses on this then please let me know. Many thanks :) 

Replies

• Options
    Here is the link to my video, https://youtu.be/HOacFxJrGh0

Any guesses?
  • Options
    I replied to your guess on my post saying boy  but I was mistaken, its girl 🥰 apparently girls have higher heart rates. Cant wait for my doppler to arrive 
  • Options
    All heart rates start fast, it’s after 20 weeks that they can start to differ, but not always. I’m 31 weeks, the heartbeat was checked at 20 weeks and was around 160, when checked at 28 weeks it was sitting around 120 (I’m having a boy). So this early on it’s pretty impossible to guess gender by heart rate 😊 x
  • Options
    Thanks for your comments 🙂