Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Previous Premature Baby

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone who is pregnant has had a previous premature baby? I’m 11 weeks pregnant with number 2, and my first DD was born spontaneously at 29+1. We were in NICU for 8 weeks and I’ve been quite relaxed about a second pregnancy but now I’m here, there are lots of worries coming to the surface. For anyone that’s been there, you’ll know how your “firsts” are special in a different kind of way, but I really hope I have a full time pregnancy this time, and am able to experience a water birth (preferably), skin to skin which we didn’t get, and also I worry about having a long stint in hospital and having to split my time between the new baby and my DD, who is almost 2. 

Also, we have our scan on Monday and we haven’t told anyone yet, so we’re excited to hopefully be able to share our news. However, my husband and I are both anxious about telling our parents, because we think they’ll be really worried and my parents in law can be particularly claustrophobic. I know they mean well, but it does take the shine off us telling them a bit as we feel we’ll be reassuring them regularly as well as trying to cope with everything ourselves.

Anyway, rant over! If anyone else has been through or is going through something similar, I’d love to hear your story.