Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Going to fertility clinic but period now 6 days late

Chanice1234Chanice1234 Regular
edited Sep 25, 2020 8:26AM in Pregnancy
Hi

I wondered if anyone could help me or has been in the same situation..

Me & my partner have been trying for a few years to get pregnant and just recently we have been referred to the fertility clinic to have tests done and get help which is great! I had always, without a doubt, been on my period every 28days (sometimes give a day). BUT this month I have 2 appointments for my bloods and my tubes to be checked and I have to have these done certain times of my period. BUT typically, this month I am now late by 6 days.... this has never happened! I have done 2 tests.. one on Tuesday (clearbuue digital) which was negative and today, Thursday, (home bargains pink dye which again was negative !!). 

This is like torture !! 

I have phoned the doctors and they said if I don't come on by Monday, then go to see them.. but has anyone else had this and still been pregnant? or is it unlikely I am? I really hope I am but again don't want to get my hopes up as I have had 2 negative results. 

I have had slight stomach cramps, tiredness, slight sicky feeling and watery discharge (sorry to much info!!).  I feel like I am coming on but every half an hour, going to the toilet, there is no blood. 

Hope someone can help me :-( x

Replies

• My periods are about every 27 days and im pretty regular. I have had at least a couple periods that were late 3-4 days but they always came. Ive never missed 6days, basically a week and not been pregnant. You could be testing too early. Im currently pregnant, i missed my period and took 3 tests all negative. So i waited a few more days and there was the faintest positive. I couldnt believe it. It was like a whole week after a missed period. Then a small amount of blood did happen for 2 days and went away. My doctor said thats normal. Wishing you the best of luck! Trying to get pregnant is a rollercoaster of emotions and the stress alone can disrupt your body. Sending you positive vibes