Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnant and so anxious

Hi ,can any of you ladies understand and relate to me atm ,im sure lots of you can . I had two first trimester miscarriages one in Feb and one last year .im now 17 weeks pregnant, up to this last week everything was fine all the scans went well no problems ,found out at 16wk 3 days we are having a boy ,since then I was feeling movements pops etc and then they just seemed to stop also in this time my boobs dont feel quite as sore as they were ,all this has accelerated my anxiety I cant sleep I lie there hoping for some sort of movement, I was lying down yesterday and I sneezed and ther was a jump in my belly ,ive also thought ive felt the odd movement but can't be 100 percent. Ive rang the midwives 4 times for advice,all they tell me is at this stage there isn't alot they can do its too early 2 listen in and they can't offer me a scan without bleeding. Ive also been seeing alot in the media on baby loss etc etc and I think this has made my mental state feel alot more negative ,im so very anxious and really do not want to feel this way. 

Replies

• @90schick this is all completely normal. You won't feel baby everyday for another few weeks unfortunately, and your hormones are starting to level out for the time being so your symptoms also start to level off. I was similar, I had two first trimester miscarriages and I'm now 31 weeks pregnant with my little boy tomorrow. I found at your stage that if I wanted to get him moving a really cold sugary drink and lying on my side would get him wiggling. But I promise you love everything is perfectly okay with him and he's growing just as he should be 💕 everything you've described is so so normal at this stage. I'm so sorry you're so anxious, I completely understand that, I've had days where I've felt sick with worry but it wasn't long before he made it known that he was okay. And I promise you, your little man is absolutely perfect and so happy 🥰
  • Hi @winter2020 thanks for your reply ,ive tried lying in all positions tbh ,congrats on your pregnancy too. Isnt it just awfull going through a pregnancy after miscarriages though ,the doubt the worry it really is a battle with positive and negative thoughts ,thank you for your reassurance though I do appreciate it xx
  • @90schick it's so terrifying, you're worried everyday, but I have heard something from other ladies on here that has helped, this is a new pregnancy, a new baby, a new egg and sperm. So that means it is a completely different pregnancy. And that gives hope that this pregnancy will end differently. The other thing that helped was remembering that every new day that passes the chance of something being or going wrong decreases. I'd definitely try a cold drink, my little boy kicks off no matter what position I'm in if I have a cold drink. It is hard but it does get easier, at the moment he's sleeping all he can to grow but every week he gets a little stronger and the movements get a bit more frequent 💕 you're doing amazing, absolutely amazing and the fact that you're worried only shows how much you love him already 🥰
  • @winter2020 oh you've made me cry hearing such words ,I just want this one to make it ,its such a loss and a sadness that you have with you after miscarriages.  I also heard that on here mths ago and that helped me too about it being a new pregnancy etc. Its just my mind having doubts which I'm trying to fight unfortunately.  If we had more movement my worries im sure would diminish, im hoping that will be soon xx
  • @90schick you'll be surprised how much more you'll start feeling him, it could be a few times a week now. Take everyday as it comes, and you'll see an increase in his movements. All babies are very sleepy at this stage but they start having longer periods where they're awake, so it won't be long before he's kicking away all day xx
  • Thank you @winter2020 You have really helped me for the time being ❤🤞🤞 xx
  • @90schick glad I could help! My inbox is always open if you need to talk xx
  • Thanks so much ,sending you a virtual hug xx
  • @90schick we just be due around the same time....I had a loss last year and I'm terrified still. I think we have to take each day as it comes as I find it too overwhelming! There is lots on baby loss this week and it's been a big trigger for me. You have to just try and remain positive because we have absolutely no control of what the future holds! Sending you lots of love and support 💞
  • @Char09 hi , yes me too I think all the awareness surrounding baby loss has gotten into my head too much and makes you think the worse . Thank you for your reply xx
  • @90schick yes absolutely and it's not what you need to hear right now as it does make you super anxious! That's okay! Always here to chat x
  • @Char09 so sorry to hear about your previous loss but congratulations on your little bean 💕
  • Thank you @Char09 sometimes you just need to talk to someone who knows how you feel xx