Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Just under 5 weeks pregnant with pink/brown discharge

ValeryValery New
edited Oct 21, 2020 8:09AM in Pregnancy
I'm 4 weeks 5 days pregnant had pink watery discharge and now its turned brown, does anyone know if this is tge start of miscarriage?

Replies

• The fact that it's turned brown is a good sign, means it's old blood. Some women do spot during early pregnancy or even throughout. Keep an eye on it and if it gets any heavier, turns red or you become concerned contact your epu. But at the moment I'd say it's all okay and normal. Congratulations on your pregnancy!
  • Hi Valery, any news on the spotting? This happening to me around the same time too.
  • Same here! I'm at 5w 2d and been spotting for the past 5 days or so. It's consistent but generally light in volume and dark in colour. Usually just a few spots on a pantiliner over 24 hours though.
  • I had this all throughout my first trimester finally stopped at 14weeks. I even had 3 dark red bleeds too. The epu told me if you experience spotting/brown discharge for 7days or more contact them and they will scan you to see whats going on. Mine started At 4weeks 5days and didnt fully stop till 14weeks. Hope this gives you ladies a tiny bit of peace of mind X
  • Im now 6w experiencing light bleeding on the first day, then second day 24 hours spotting..
  • Started spotting at 7 weeks 2 days. Had first scan at 7 weeks 4 days and all was ok. Going to check me again in two weeks to be sure. I’m still nervous.