Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Brown spotting/pulling/tugging/nightsweats/5 weeks 2 days pregnant.. miscarriage?!?!

Hi everyone! 
for the past 4 days I have been experiencing brown spotting when I wipe. Since I have miscarried before, this scared me so I thought i would reach out to other moms. the first day was some brown normal spotting when I wipe, and some drops in the toilet water, no coffee ground type but some maybe tiny pink or light brown tissue type (maybe?). when I miscarried before I was in horrible pain for a few days then it all sort of hit at once. So today is the 4th day of brown spotting, I am wondering if this is normal?????????? I am still only dropping into the toilet, or when I wipe. Nothing over bearing but lots of twinges/pulling/tugging/ bathroom breaks and mild warm cramping. thanks!

Replies

• Hi, 

I cant really help but didn't want to read and run. 

I had some red spotting at 5 and a bit weeks. I rang my local EPU and they did blood tests and an early scan. Everything seems ok up to now so it reassured me to have gone. They told me if it wasnt continuous flow (i.e- filling a pad) and there were no clots 50p sized then try to not worry. 

With regards to cramps, I've had mild period sort of cramps on and off, I believe its your insides stretching waiting for baby. 

Could you go and get checked out anyway, for your peace of mind? 
  • Kez29 said:
    Hi, 

I cant really help but didn't want to read and run. 

I had some red spotting at 5 and a bit weeks. I rang my local EPU and they did blood tests and an early scan. Everything seems ok up to now so it reassured me to have gone. They told me if it wasnt continuous flow (i.e- filling a pad) and there were no clots 50p sized then try to not worry. 

With regards to cramps, I've had mild period sort of cramps on and off, I believe its your insides stretching waiting for baby. 

Could you go and get checked out anyway, for your peace of mind? 
    I went to the doctor, I just got an intervaginal (I think that's how I spell it) ultrasound and they didn't see anything.. so they are questioning my last period timing thinking I'm earlier magically then the timing of my last period... So I got blood work done 2 days ago and again today checking my HCG level again........ just waiting on that... 
  • I have everything crossed for you!
    when I had my internal scan they put me at a week earlier than I thought I was. 
    Try to relax (I know, easier said than done), put your feet up and look after yourself x

• KristinO1987KristinO1987 Regular
    edited Dec 5, 2020 1:17AM
    @sillygoose113 how are you? I’ve had all of that except the Brown spotting. All of that can be normal, but glad you followed up with the doctor