Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Wrong dates

Hi I had a 12 week scan today. My fates were completely off. In certain the dates are wrong as I know the exact time I got pregnant and who with as there has only been one person in the last year. I counted I would be 13 weeks 4 days but they told me I was 15 weeks 5 days. I am completely devastated as now the partner thinks it isn't his. Is there anyway this is possible they have got it wrong as I'm so confused as to how this is happening. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• Are you counting your dates from the actual date you were together, or are you adding on the 2 weeks from date of your last period, as that is what the scan will be doing
  • It's the actual date we were together. I can't remember the last time I had a period due to a contraceptive pill that stops it.
  • The 12 week scan is always accurate..I’d suggest you go with it, only because you can’t know EXACTLY when you caught pregnant as us women ovulate different times, late or early.. so you can tell your partner that it’s to do with ovulation, and that if he is the dad, then make it known he is. My boyfriend was the same when my scans were changed but I explained n he was okay x
  • It's the actual date we were together. I can't remember the last time I had a period due to a contraceptive pill that stops it.
    That would explain the difference, pregnancy dates always include the 2 weeks before ovulation. Search pregnancy dating on Google I'm sure you'll be able to find him some info to put his mind at rest! (If he won't take our word for it that is!)
  • Hi @Hanselandgretel15 your date will always be calculated from the first day of your last period or they will add on two weeks from the day of conception. Hope this helps. Xx
  • This has put my mind at ease. Thank you. So it makes more sense now. I was counting I was 13 weeks 4 days from the day of conception so if they add 2 weeks on then that would make it 15 weeks 4 days just like they have said at the scan.