Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Ultrasound

Hello, I have recently found out that I am pregnant. I immediately informed my most recent partner and we had decided to look at abortion options. I was informed by my doctor I wasn’t able to make my first ultrasound apt. until at least 9 weeks and so I made an appointment at an abortion clinic. I wanted to know first before making that decision how far along I was so I booked an ultrasound appointment through a private ultrasound company and they informed me that I was 6 weeks and 5 days which would mean that my most recent partner is not the father ( my most recent partner had been 4 weeks prior on that exact date of my ultrasound). I had a regular period before this time so either my ultrasound was innacurate or I am indeed further along then I thought. I want to know forsure which one of those is most likely to have happened and what steps I should take from here as my first official doctors ultrasound isn’t scheduled for another few weeks. 

Replies

• So the pregnancy is dated from the first day of your last period, the first two weeks is free (so to speak), you ovulate on the 14th day or there abouts. So if you slept with your most recent four weeks ago around ovulation, that would put you at around 6 weeks pregnant.